What's new

Saponifico Varesino Range - Add your thoughts here

If the internet has robbed us of one thing it's the ability to touch/feel/smell products before buying them so I thought I'd put together a resource on here for members to add their thoughts and experience with soaps that are expensive enough for people to not take the chance on but would otherwise love.
I've limited the descriptions to the products website which can be vague and nowhere near enough to make a decision so add anything you think would help people who haven't tried something. Add as much as you like in terms of detail like Scent, Cushion, Glide, Price per gram, Longevity (product/scent), Value for money, Overall impression etc. Also add if a product smells similar to another more well known product so people get a better idea.

If anyone very familiar with their terminology would like to write a paragraph explaining terms such as Beta 4.3 and just 4.3 be my guest. It's obviously an evolution in their base soap but if it's so great why hasn't it been rolled out to all their products?

Dolomiti - Our best Beta 4.3 formula. The fragrance Dolomiti rise by a top note of light citrus lemon, with a hint of sage. The core is floral and definitely lavender, with a hint of cloves and black pepper. The tail amber and woody vetiver, patchouli and cedar wood

Cubebe - “Pepe di Giava” (Piper Cubeba), with the addition of Monoi de Tahit. Citrusy, balsamic and aromatic top note of bergamot, lemon, white fir. A slightly floral body note with spicy hints of pepper and nutmeg. Woody, musky and slightly amber background note of patchouly, vetiver, labdanum and benzoin

Desert Vetiver - The blend of Elemi, Incense, Orange and Artemisia flare up in the flowery, peppery, spicy heart. A multifaceted sillage of Black Pepper, Juniper Berries, Oregano and Lavandin swarms towards an elegant woody background sublimated by the precious Vetiver, the fresh Cloves and the seductive notes of Amber

Cosmo - Larch extract. Apparently an evolution of the previous Beta formulations in its 4.2 version, is now reformulated in Beta 4.3

70th Anniversary - Butter of illipe and Macadamia oil. Citrus notes with refreshing aquatic notes, supported by a rich and balanced green aromatic floral and rural heart. All set on a base of precious woods and amber.

Manna di Sicilia - Slightly citrusy top notes of bergamot and orange are well balanced by aromatic notes of sage and traces of fenugreek, a prelude to a warm body note with a slight hint of honey that gives a hint of tobacco and spices, softened by floral traces of jasmine and geranium leaves.
The base note is woody and amber of patchouli, cedar wood, benzoin resin and guaico wood

Asylum Colonia -

Felce aromatica (Varesino Aromatic Fern) - Bergamot, Lemon and Tangerine. Then we come to the body, characterized by the spiciness of the Ginger root and Sichuan Pepper, all accompanied by the heady freshness of the Bourbon Geranium leaves. The base of the fragrance is a sensual mix of amber notes, Sandalwood, Patchouli and Vetiver.

Mirto di Sardegna - Lavender, Lemon and Orange Blossom combined with the fresh notes of myrtle berries and the aromatic notes of black tea,

Opuntia - Opuntia Ficus-Indica (Prickly Pear Extract) Not much website info

Tundra Artica Beta 4.3 - Agar Wood fragrance with a markedly woody perception of shrubs

Stella Alpina -

Ponoma -

Morado - Extract of Purple Corn (Morado) in combination with the characteristics of the 4.3 formulation and the addition of milk proteins. Masculine fragrance characterized by woody and amber notes. The top notes introduce the fragrance with citrus hints of bergamot and mandarin, which enhance the aromatic and spicy heart of lavender, mint and ginger. In the soft base notes, sandalwood, ambergris and oak moss are accompanied by the sweetness of vanilla and a slight hint of tobacco

Tundra Artica Beta 4.3 - Agar Wood fragrance with a markedly woody perception of shrubs
This is the only one I have experienced, and obviously this is very subjective, but I fine this to be a more rose forward fragrance with the woods floating in the background. It's overall fairly subtle as soaps go.

Top Bottom