What's new

Enders Speed Razor?

full

Sorry for the quality of the pic I am at my office today. Can anyone tell me more about this razor. The only thing I can find is that it was manufactured by Durham Enders Razor Co. Mystic , Conn. It is a single edge razor and looks to be a proprietary blade. The blade box has two new razors in it and a order form for more for .98 cents. It look to be in very good shape and I think I will try it when I get it cleaned up.

Eric

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the quality of the pic I am at my office today. Can anyone tell me more about this razor. The only thing I can find is that it was manufactured by Durham Enders Razor Co. Mystic , Conn. It is a single edge razor and looks to be a proprietary blade. The blade box has two new razors in it and a order form for more for .98 cents. It look to be in very good shape and I think I will try it when I get it cleaned up.

Eric

I think you're correct on the proprietary blade. I've handled a couple in antique stores before and that was my impression.

Once in awhile you can find NOS blades on Ebay. Someone a few months back was selling NOS Enders and Christy blades there, from the amount of blades I assumed they found a supply of old stock somewhere.

Someone just gave me an old Enders Speed razor with a pack of blades to sell, is there any demand for these things?

I own one along with a few of the proprietary blades. It is a single edged razor. Even though I have a couple of the blades, I have never shaved with it.

TBH, I'm too scared ... :scared:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I just came upon a bunch of these blades in a box of vintage blades I bought at the flea market. I dont have the razor. If anyone needs some of these blades, shoot me a PM. I dont know if these blades are still good. But I would be happy to get them into the hands of someone that can use them. Thanks.

$2015-08-06 11.30.26.jpg

My sister bought me an Enders Speed last year for my birthday. Sourcing blades has been difficult. I don't know that I would use it but I would like to have a blade or two to complete the set.

Don't own an Enders, so I have skin in the Ender's game (see what I did there?), but yesterday I ran across a some info that might be of interest. I quote:

"As is commonly done, I use the readily available Schick Proline B-20. You need one vintage Durham-Enders blade. Packs are easily found on Etsy or Ebay. You trim the edge (or grind it down) by roughly >1 mm. You then place the Proline in the head using the exposure you choose. Then slide the blunted Enders blade behind it until is clicks, thereby holding the Proline in place. NOTE: The blade must be the B-20s, or something of comparable width. The ACs and other injector blades are too wide.This sounds like more trouble that it's worth, but it's actually quite simple. Once you've made the "shim", you don't have to do that again. And while sliding the Proline into place may sound precarious and random, there are landmarks in the head that can be lined up visibly through the holes in the Proline."

Seems some people are McGyvering a second life for their Enders.

why? thats one razor i really want.........
I've been using the Enders Speed-Proline combo for a year and a half and just love it. No brainier. Often you can pick one up for less than $10 on eBay , they are always available.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom