What's new

Elite Razor Shaving Brush Unboxing

As background, this past year I switched from 30 years of canned Barbasol/Schick Hydro shaves to SR shaving.
I never had a particular issue with cartridge shaving, just a desire to elevate a mundane task to the application of a pleasurable skill.
In the past 12 months, I have amassed quite a collection of SRs, soaps, aftershaves, stones, strops, and other accoutrements. :001_rolle
One area I haven't really explored much was shaving brushes.
I purchased a 24mm WCS silvertip early on and honestly it works great. It's soft and comfortable and holds a good amount of lather.
But as with all hobbies, we want to explore, so I started looking at hand turned brushes.
I decided to go with an elite razor brush because it met all my criteria for an upper tier brush.
In addition, Bob lives only 15 miles from my house - so I feel good supporting a local artisan.
I couldn't find any unboxings online to give me a feel for the package so I'm providing one here for future potential customers.
I will hold off on my review and comparison to my WCS brush until I break it in.

It's a 26mm Manchurian White bulb in an Irish Bog Oak and resin handle.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd really like to pick up one of Bob's brush handles. But I'm gravitating to boars and he doesn't offer a boar knot. Come to think of it, do any artisan handle makers offer boar?

....Today I also got a 26mm from Bob -- Tourmaline Quartz with the High Mountain White. Had a time deciding between Manchurian and HMW. Went the other way. Yours living up to expectations? Going to try mine tomorrow but love the feel in the hand! Cheers!
JPEG image-08A2A6E0C656-1.jpeg
JPEG image-FCBDED5C4F1C-3.jpeg
JPEG image-08A2A6E0C656-1.jpeg
JPEG image-FCBDED5C4F1C-3.jpeg
JPEG image-FCBDED5C4F1C-5.jpeg

Nice!

I always get the HMW. I keep thinking I should try the Manchurian but I like the HMW so much I can't bring myself to 'risk' a change! I did try a fan once instead of my usual bulb and in 26mm it was just too big for my face. Soft and luxurious as can be, though.

Enjoy!

Lovely brushes gents. I also acquired a brush from Bob this week (I’ve posted it in a few other threads but can’t resist sharing it again). I’ll be getting more for sure. Top notch work. I went with the manchurian knot. Love it.

4C394C1A-32D6-489C-B565-75799C17B82C.jpeg

Hi MickeyFinn ..... I'm a little late in replying on your thread, but I want to congratulate you on getting a beautiful brush !
Bob Quinn is most certainly a master craftsman, and his brush making abilities are superb. My "Fire and Ice" Manchurtian
is one of my favorite brushes. I am sure you're going to love yours ! Enjoy your shaves with it !

4D79B9FD-1A14-4FD3-A148-CF9B9B447D56_1_105_c.jpeg

Top Bottom