What's new

Ebay Injector/tell Me What I Got????

Hey guys, ive been wanting to try an injector razor for a while but didnt want
to spend big bucks in case i didnt like it
i got this one off flea-bay tonight for $5.99 whadda ya think? did i do good?
any schick experts out there that can tell me about this razor???
the ad said it is unused but it is hard to tell from the pics
i thought for six bucks it was worth a shot
cheers
charliec

You've got one of the original Hydro-Magics. It would have been made in the mid to late 1950's. If you like injectors, I think you'll like this one. The intent of the "Hydro-Magic" feature addresses a problem that I had with earlier Schicks; being rather hard to get clear of built-up soap and whiskers. This design really works well in that regard without giving up any of the good features of an injector.

Enjoy your new Hydro-Majic.

Regards,
Tom

That is a Schick Hyrdo-Magic. On the other side from that picture there is a level which you can pull to loosen the head holding the blade to clean the razor.
Made in the late 1950's and one of the best Schick injectors ever made. You got an excellent buy. I have one and love it.

Congratulations, you did good!

You've got one of the original Hydro-Magics. It would have been made in the mid to late 1950's. If you like injectors, I think you'll like this one. The intent of the "Hydro-Magic" feature addresses a problem that I had with earlier Schicks; being rather hard to get clear of built-up soap and whiskers. This design really works well in that regard without giving up any of the good features of an injector.

Enjoy your new Hydro-Majic.

Regards,
Tom

thanks Tom i appreciate the info. i never tried an injector so im looking forward to giving this one a go!!
cheers
charliec

That is a Schick Hyrdo-Magic. On the other side from that picture there is a level which you can pull to loosen the head holding the blade to clean the razor.
Made in the late 1950's and one of the best Schick injectors ever made. You got an excellent buy. I have one and love it.

Congratulations, you did good!

If you are looking for good injector blades, I recommend Ted Pella blades (no connection)!:001_smile

thanks homh and ctakim i appreciate your input:biggrin:
charliec

Do not put any twin blades in this injector. There is a warning on the back of some packages of the twin blades to not use them in Hydromagics or they can mess them up (probably the spring)....."fit all injector razors since 1961 except razors with rinsing levers, Pal razors, and Personna stainless steel razors."

Would hate to see you mint razor damaged. There are some twin injector blades on Ebay now, but they are $15.99 for 10......

Do not put any twin blades in this injector. There is a warning on the back of some packages of the twin blades to not use them in Hydromagics or they can mess them up (probably the spring)....."fit all injector razors since 1961 except razors with rinsing levers, Pal razors, and Personna stainless steel razors."

Would hate to see you mint razor damaged. There are some twin injector blades on Ebay now, but they are $15.99 for 10......

The twin edge are great, too bad they don't make them anymore.

when i placed a bid on this razor i wasnt sure if it was a good one or not
i just knew i couldnt pass on a .99 cent bid for a schick injector
when the mailman comes ill know more about the condition as
the sellers pics are not very good. i hope it looks better than the pics!!
thanks for the input guys!!!!
ill post some pics when it arrives
cheers
charliec

Top Bottom