What's new

eBay for old brush handles to reknot

Here are the four brushes that I've gotten in the past week. Also got a couple of vintage pucks of Colgate soap that smell like a library, and a small OS mug.

proxy.php

Would you measure the loft of the knot in the black and red, please? It looks to be a little more than the height of the handle itself. Thanks! I'm going to replace the knot in mine with a boar and I want to reproduce the proportions of the original brush.

Thanks for those measurements. I think the entire length of the knot, from the bottom of the plug to the tip of the bristles is 67mm. That means I need to epoxy the knot about a cm or more into the handle. My handle is a few mm shorter due to the sanding I had to do to get rid of a pretty big chip.

Got another! Sole bidder on one of the turquoise and cream 200Ts. $3.99 total. From the photo it looks like I'll only need to remove some soap scum and give it a polish before reknotting it.

Not to bring up old arguments, but use a good sniper system to lowball bid on multiple auctions... My heart bleeds when I hear of fellow B&Bers putting in multiple bids and driving prices up. Do a search OP on sniping to get more info and see the myriad of opinions on the subject and to see if it would work for you.
EBay brushes have gone up in price it seems, so your best bet is to bid on lots that have brushes thrown in as after thoughts with no mention of them in the title description.

Good luck!! If you are patient you will find a
nice one for sure.

I use "Bay Genie" its free (but only does one auctiona a time - what do you want for free?) it helped me get my slim on the bay :thumbup1:

I am very skeptical about who is bidding on eBay for these vintage handles. Please tell me it is you who outbids me! I will not bid a second time after establishing my max bid. I just keep thinking that it is someone in cahoots with the seller trying to drive up the price who outbids me. I just lost out on a great looking 200T that is begging for a reknot. Still loads of possibilities out there, but I feel better about an antique find than an eBay auction.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=200170

Got another! Sole bidder on one of the turquoise and cream 200Ts. $3.99 total. From the photo it looks like I'll only need to remove some soap scum and give it a polish before reknotting it.

I saw that one but I had just won this one. Plus I have 3 others inbound. Never done a re-knot before. Figured I better try my hand at the four on the way. Anyone want to throw me some advice??? I'd appreciate it.

I haven't tried a reknot either, I am thinking maybe I should reknot my AOS brush before restoring the Ever Ready on the way to me...

Last edited:
I saw that one but I had just won this one. Plus I have 3 others inbound. Never done a re-knot before. Figured I better try my hand at the four on the way. Anyone want to throw me some advice??? I'd appreciate it.

I saw that one! Congrats! He calls it a mustard color, but isn't it a Butterscotch?

Top Bottom