What's new

eBay for old brush handles to reknot

I am very skeptical about who is bidding on eBay for these vintage handles. Please tell me it is you who outbids me! I will not bid a second time after establishing my max bid. I just keep thinking that it is someone in cahoots with the seller trying to drive up the price who outbids me. I just lost out on a great looking 200T that is begging for a reknot. Still loads of possibilities out there, but I feel better about an antique find than an eBay auction.

I sure did! I randomly threw a bid down and ended up winning. Now I have three vintage ER handles coming in to get reknotted! It's still much cheaper than buying a new brush.

PS: I don't want the other brush that's coming with the set. If you'd like it, let me know!

Last edited:
Congrats! Expecting before and after shots now, you know!? Thanks for the offer, but I'll wait for the next one!

Here's the first brush I got in today, an Ever Ready 79:

proxy.php

I sure did! I randomly threw a bid down and ended up winning. Now I have three vintage ER handles coming in to get reknotted! It's still much cheaper than buying a new brush.

PS: I don't want the other brush that's coming with the set. If you'd like it, let me know!

haha that was you? I bid on that a couple times but I didn't think the price after shipping was worthwhile towards the end... I wanted that red/black Ever Ready.

It wasn't worth it because you kept bidding and driving the price up :laugh:

I actually didn't expect to win it. I'm going to BST the soaps, mug, and the other brush handle, most likely. Should help the cost of buying new knots and such.

That's the thread that convinced me to pick this up. I have a few handles I need to reknot with knots from TGN. The 79 should get a Finest knot extra stuffed (20-22mm), the 100 a 20mm Finest Fan shape, the 200 a 22mm Extra stuffed, and the Omega 31064 will be getting a short-loft silvertip knot.

Or something along those lines!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Not to bring up old arguments, but use a good sniper system to lowball bid on multiple auctions... My heart bleeds when I hear of fellow B&Bers putting in multiple bids and driving prices up. Do a search OP on sniping to get more info and see the myriad of opinions on the subject and to see if it would work for you.
EBay brushes have gone up in price it seems, so your best bet is to bid on lots that have brushes thrown in as after thoughts with no mention of them in the title description.

Good luck!! If you are patient you will find a
nice one for sure.

Thanks for that advice. Gonna have to quit looking for single brushes on the bay.

The shop I got my first brush at has a very nice Bakelite and black (has the vertical casting lines), but the guy is asking $24. Too much.

Last edited:
Well, I have a couple of handles and a mug coming from eBay. I'm looking forward to reknotting a few for my son, brother-in-law, and friend. I'd like to say I found an old handle for a couple of bucks at the flea market, but eBay saves time, gas, tolls. Just have to be patient...

Every-Ready Badgerlon 400BN (nylon?) and an F40 in green and cream. The mug is heading out to KS...

Last edited:
Also have a red and cream ER 100 coming. This one looks pretty beat with cracks, chips, and a dent (?). I'll redo the lettering on this one, too. Looking forward to the challenge!
Hoping to get a green and black one down the line, too...

For example I bid on a "Badger-Lon" brush that went for over $20. Really. You just have to be patient or start making your own brushes

Green and black is popular. There is an ER 200 available on the 'Bay, but someone has outbid me by more than $5. This'll probably go for close to $20. It looks a little rough with some crackling on the base, but it will clean up nicely. Hope to see it here...

ADD: Wow. $18.01 for the handle. It will be a beautiful reknot, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom