What's new

Early American Old Spice Perfume

Hello. Came across this at a flea market, any have any idea what this is? Can't find this particular bottle anywhere online..Thanks Lou

Attachments

• 20230530_143451.jpg
    20230530_143451.jpg
    778.9 KB · Views: 77
I'm no expert, which is why I use this site as a reference for all things Old Spice:

I don't see any example of that bottle, nor could I find an image of a bottle matching yours using google. I suspect it is either a legit holy grail of Old Spice bottles, or a one-off (and very cool) bottle that somebody produce either for their own pleasure, or to deceive.

Again, I have no idea, just never, ever, seen one of those.

I’m also no expert (although I have watched Antiques Roadshow for years), I’d say what you have there is a modern facsimile of an antique bottle. If you do a Google image search on ‘Early American Old Spice’ you’ll see what I mean.

I’m also no expert (although I have watched Antiques Roadshow for years), I’d say what you have there is a modern facsimile of an antique bottle. If you do a Google image search on ‘Early American Old Spice’ you’ll see what I mean.
With great respect to this poster - no, what you have seems to be the real thing, without a doubt. I searched tonight and found many signs that what you have is genuine but probably exceedingly rare. I'd treat it carefully and keep it in a cool, dark, safe place, and for now, opened very rarely.

That, sir, appears to be a very rare bottle of the original incarnation of Old Spice, which was first marketed as a women's perfume in the 1930s. What an amazing and special find you have there.
I sent the pictures to an auction house and they believe it is a original prototype that never made it to market because of the size. Makes sense because the Shulton plant was in Clifton NJ And I found it in Columbus NJ . He believes it was probably taken home by an employee at the Shulton factory. Thank You for your help and information. If anybody is Interested I will be posting on ebay shortly...Thanks again for the help....

Lou

I sent the pictures to an auction house and they believe it is a original prototype that never made it to market because of the size. Makes sense because the Shulton plant was in Clifton NJ And I found it in Columbus NJ . He believes it was probably taken home by an employee at the Shulton factory. Thank You for your help and information. If anybody is Interested I will be posting on ebay shortly...Thanks again for the help....

Lou
I would hold on to it for now but that's just my instinct.

It's a rare gem!

With great respect to this poster - no, what you have seems to be the real thing, without a doubt. I searched tonight and found many signs that what you have is genuine but probably exceedingly rare. I'd treat it carefully and keep it in a cool, dark, safe place, and for now, opened very rarely.
I’m happy to be wrong, if the OP has expert opinion and provenance to the contrary!!

Top Bottom