What's new

Duke Cannon Supply Company

I had had a couple of the big a** bars of bath soap in the initial "flavors" in the past, and liked them fine. But lately I have some of the more current scents and like them even better, and I am finding I like these bath soaps a whole lot. Prior to this I had used something of a variety, but most loved and kept coming back to Mysore Sandal Soap, which remains fantastic and wonderfully priced. I also really liked Santa Maria Novella bath soaps, although they are very pricey and harder for me to get now that they closed the SMN store in my area. Portuguese Castelbel soaps in the big bar format, and really any of the Portuguese bath soaps are all very nice, if in some instances not very strongly scented.

But I have been finding these Duke Cannon bath soaps really suit me. They make the bathroom smell nice too. I have fairly sensitive skin that is prone t irritation by modern American bath soaps.

I have just started trying some of the other Duke Cannon products. I was a bit skeptical, I admit, but they are winning me over so far. In particular I have gone out of my way to use the Kesh Nikhar shampoo bar from India as about the only thing that took care of dandruff for me. But it is hard to find, and i have gotten what appear to be bad or even counterfeit batches--very frustrating and the company is useless to try to talk to--even though it is very inexpensive. I am really liking the Duke Cannon shampoo bar I got a week or so ago. It lathers very nicely and does not seem to promote a lot of dandruff.

I also got one of their "ridiculously large" or whatever they call it lip balms. I did not think it would be anything special. But is seems to be. I really like the flavor/scent, and it goes on well and seems to stay on better than anything else I have used. I do not remember my lips getting so chapped in the past. It must be age.

I doubt if I am going to be buying any of the DC colognes or hair products, but who knows. I am liking their stuff why more than I expected to and more than the first ones I tried.

Duke Cannon after shave is a personal favorite of mine.
Duke Cannon.jpg

I'm a fan of Duke Cannon products also. I have been using the Big *** bath soaps almost exclusively for the last 2 years and love them. I have liked almost all the scents I've tried and they last a really long time. My wife has been gifting them to me at Christmas the last few years and I've still got a few left.

I use their Cannon Balm 140 degree Tactical Lip Protectant with 30 SPF; it is indeed huge but works like a champ and no chapped or sun burned lips for me.

I'm not a big aftershave balm guy but I do have their After shave balm Ice Cold that @Wogus mentioned and it works well and I enjoy the scent and menthol.

I am not a big aftershave or aftershave balm guy either. I am a big scent guy, but I truly would be surprised if Duke Cannon Cannon can compete with most of the stuff I wear, although I am not too much of a snob to wear anything I like. I do like the scents of the soaps I have tried, but I do not think there is one that grabbed me as something that would be a great edt. Maybe, actually, to my surprise the one based on Buffalo Trace whiskey barrels or whatever they say about it. It seems like a nice creamy, woody, tobacco/sandalwood scent. Very much within a standard spectrum for good scents of that type.

I am using the charcoal big bar right now. The scent is not strong and I wonder how much charcoal is in it. We shall see. I find using a charcoal soap of some sort is really good on my face. And if it is up to snuff for that purpose, it is a good deal for as large as the bar is.

I had had a couple of the big a** bars of bath soap in the initial "flavors" in the past, and liked them fine. But lately I have some of the more current scents and like them even better, and I am finding I like these bath soaps a whole lot. Prior to this I had used something of a variety, but most loved and kept coming back to Mysore Sandal Soap, which remains fantastic and wonderfully priced. I also really liked Santa Maria Novella bath soaps, although they are very pricey and harder for me to get now that they closed the SMN store in my area. Portuguese Castelbel soaps in the big bar format, and really any of the Portuguese bath soaps are all very nice, if in some instances not very strongly scented.

But I have been finding these Duke Cannon bath soaps really suit me. They make the bathroom smell nice too. I have fairly sensitive skin that is prone t irritation by modern American bath soaps.

I have just started trying some of the other Duke Cannon products. I was a bit skeptical, I admit, but they are winning me over so far. In particular I have gone out of my way to use the Kesh Nikhar shampoo bar from India as about the only thing that took care of dandruff for me. But it is hard to find, and i have gotten what appear to be bad or even counterfeit batches--very frustrating and the company is useless to try to talk to--even though it is very inexpensive. I am really liking the Duke Cannon shampoo bar I got a week or so ago. It lathers very nicely and does not seem to promote a lot of dandruff.

I also got one of their "ridiculously large" or whatever they call it lip balms. I did not think it would be anything special. But is seems to be. I really like the flavor/scent, and it goes on well and seems to stay on better than anything else I have used. I do not remember my lips getting so chapped in the past. It must be age.

I doubt if I am going to be buying any of the DC colognes or hair products, but who knows. I am liking their stuff why more than I expected to and more than the first ones I tried.

Is there an adjustment period when switching to Duke Cannon? The reason I asked is because there was a soap maker in the community where I used to work and he recommended a month when switching. He said it took that long for your skin to get used to natural products.

Is there an adjustment period when switching to Duke Cannon? The reason I asked is because there was a soap maker in the community where I used to work and he recommended a month when switching. He said it took that long for your skin to get used to natural products.
Wow. No idea. For that matter, I have no idea how natural Duke Cannon products or Mysore Sandal Soap is. I think Kesh Nikhar shampoo claims to be natural.

What do you think he meant by "get used to"? Was he saying the natural product could be irritating in the meantime? That cleaning power would not be as good? I am not noticing any particular adjustment period.

Wow. No idea. For that matter, I have no idea how natural Duke Cannon products or Mysore Sandal Soap is. I think Kesh Nikhar shampoo claims to be natural.

What do you think he meant by "get used to"? Was he saying the natural product could be irritating in the meantime? That cleaning power would not be as good? I am not noticing any particular adjustment period.

He said that your skin will feel dryer initially as there aren’t the additives as compared to commercial soaps. I liked his soap to a degree, but I could never find a scent that agreed with me. He had a lot of lemongrass type fragrances, more feminine in nature.

He said that your skin will feel dryer initially as there aren’t the additives as compared to commercial soaps. I liked his soap to a degree, but I could never find a scent that agreed with me. He had a lot of lemongrass type fragrances, more feminine in nature.
Makes sense to me that all all natural soap without additives might be more drying. I have not noticed it with Duke Cannon soaps. I think I do notice it with those French olive oil soaps, but i would not use those as bath soaps.

When I switched to Duke Cannon soaps my skin had no adjustment period. Prior to using Duke Cannon I switched between Yardley and Dove and never had any issues.

Top Bottom