What's new

Drug Store Similar to Proraso?

As the title suggests. My wife bought me some Proraso Red aftershave a while back, and really likes the scent (as do I). Are there any "drug store" finds that are similar to the red? I also had a sample of the green, and enjoy it for the warmer weather. So if there's anything similar to that readily available, I appreciate your suggestions as well. Thanks!

Why pull the switcheroo? If you like Proraso Red, like I do, why not just buy that and use it? In this age of online shopping, the Red is pretty much as readily available as anything in the drugstore. I really can't think of any brand of aftershave available at drugstores that would come close to what you'd get with Proraso Red. Proraso's aftershaves to me are the perfect blend of sterilization, mild scent, and conditioning. Stick with the winner!

Don

Good point about it being easily sourced on Amazon and what not. I guess I'm one of the few folks who don't subscribe to Prime, and don't do a lot of shopping through amazon or other such stores. So just checking if there was something I may find at my local drug stores that would be somehow close. FWIW, I wasn't expecting to find anything. But I was hopeful. :)

The alcohol splashes readily available at brick-and-mortar stores in the US are the various Aqua Velvas, Brut, Stetson, Skin Bracer, Old Spice, Clubman, Barbasol Brisk, Gillette Cool Wave, and Adidas Dynamic Pulse. None of that is like any of the Prorasos. Too bad, I wouldn't mind seeing it on the shelf with them.

proxy.php

Proraso Red is my all time favorite ASL. I know it's online, but I purchase the 400ml barber size bottles and decant into my original 100ml bottles.

Here in the UK it's only about $22 for the Barber Bottle. More expensive in the US, but still a good saving.
Good point. And it is more expensive in the US. Excellent value, though. With the matching atomizer, I can get close to 2 years of use out of a 400ml.

Don

Ok....I think you've all convinced me. I'll add a bottle of the Red to my next Amazon order. And may sneak a bottle of the green in as well...just for those hot summer days.

Good point about it being easily sourced on Amazon and what not. I guess I'm one of the few folks who don't subscribe to Prime, and don't do a lot of shopping through amazon or other such stores. So just checking if there was something I may find at my local drug stores that would be somehow close. FWIW, I wasn't expecting to find anything. But I was hopeful. :)
I do a lot of shopping on Amazon and I don’t have prime. You just have to order enough for free shipping and be patient for the extra couple of days it takes without Prime.

I want patience and I want it now!

The title of this thread has really made me smile, almost laugh! The reason? Well, for me in Italy Proraso IS a drug store aftershave!
There's no question that with the exception of a handful of shops in the USA, from my travels, European and UK drug stores are way better for shave stuff! Evviva L'italia.

The title of this thread has really made me smile, almost laugh! The reason? Well, for me in Italy Proraso IS a drug store aftershave!

Not to mention all the food items and wine that I need to buy in a 'gourmet' store here in the US that are better, fresher and cheaper anyplace in Italy.

Top Bottom