What's new

Dropped a tub of CK6, what should I do?

Hey guys,

I dropped a tub of Hotel Cecil and part of it broke (pic below). I can still tighten the lid, but do you think it will negatively impact the soap? Should I get a different container for it? Leave it as is? Buy a new one?

I love the soap and I load my brush in the tub. What do you think?

B1372641-ACD0-45F5-B0BF-1E7E5E659773.jpeg

Hey guys,

I dropped a tub of Hotel Cecil and part of it broke (pic below). I can still tighten the lid, but do you think it will negatively impact the soap? Should I get a different container for it? Leave it as is? Buy a new one?

View attachment 1237633
I am curious about the scent of that soap. PAA says that it is an homage to Burma Shave. What is your impression of that scent? Can you describe it?

Just move the soap to another empty container (if you have one) and save the original container for SOTD pics.

Last edited:
That looks like a potential HAZMAT issue. If you send it to me, I’ll hand my Environmental Engineer wife “study it” and dispose of it (into my rotation) properly. These other guys are just trying to get a nice soap. (LOL)! I am trying to keep you in compliance with EPA, State, and local regulations so you do not receive a Notice of Non-Compliance and fine. I only offer this service to our esteemed community.

That looks like a potential HAZMAT issue. If you send it to me, I’ll hand my Environmental Engineer wife “study it” and dispose of it (into my rotation) properly. These other guys are just trying to get a nice soap. (LOL)! I am trying to keep you in compliance with EPA, State, and local regulations so you do not receive a Notice of Non-Compliance and fine. I only offer this service to our esteemed community.

+4! Watch your wallet, Sir! (And enjoy the soap!!) :a29:

If you lather in the tub it now gets some chance to dry in between. So I doubt it wil give problems.
If you have an empty container left simply put a big chunk in there (zip lock works too) to store that properly.
You can always McGyver some ductape to close it as much as you can.

But again since lots of people simply put soap in a mug and leave it you might only have the problem of having a wonderful smelling bathroom just like I have when I leave my paa holly-day pre shave cube in an open container (which paa recommended).

Just watch out if the broken rim does not harm you or your brush. In that case the right container is a couple of bucks...

Hey guys,

View attachment 1237633

If the cap slides on and tightens don't worry. Just use it, in fact 3017 it and meanwhile order a new one just in case Doug changes his mind and changes the hologram packaging !

Last edited:
You're going to lose lather out the side when you load your brush in the tub so better to transfer the soap to a new tub.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Different container perhaps a mug, alternatively a bowl with cling wrap is just as good.

Top Bottom