What's new

Dressed to Kilt

I've got a black AmeriKilt as well as a great kilt which I pleat by hand out of 20 yards of tartan light wool.

My very first kilt was an Amerikilt. It's camoflage (Vietnamese tigerstripe). :smile:

I was talking to Mike from AK a couple of weeks ago at a Celtic festival. He said those kilts are no longer available (tigerstripe).

By the way, gentlemen, women go crazy for a man in a kilt. It's a fact. :-D

*** edited to correct grammar

Sam Elliott never put one on. :lol:

He was in Road House. He almost lost the right to retain his testicles by being in that ***. :tongue:

proxy.php

Sam "Muther F*****N" Jackson

He wasn't in Road House. Know why? The muther******* snakes!

THE man himself

proxy.php

Sir Sean Connery

:biggrin:

I've had a MacDonald kilt since I was 18, family tradition. Worn it to pubs and bars on various occasions, always gets a lot of looks :)

I'm in the same situation as Dmac who used to have a kilt in the "official NC state tartan" (tax dollars really being put to work here :rolleyes:) when playing in a pipe band.

Hey Dmac, what years did you play with GMHPB? I played with NC State from 1996 - 2004.

S

sullivanpm

I wouldn't think of wearing my dress kilt right now.
The temp forecast for today is 103 degrees F with a heat index of 117 degrees F.

I'm in the same situation as Dmac who used to have a kilt in the "official NC state tartan" (tax dollars really being put to work here :rolleyes:) when playing in a pipe band.

Hey Dmac, what years did you play with GMHPB? I played with NC State from 1996 - 2004.

I think I was out by 1996. Somewhere around 1992-1995ish. I think we competed against NC State a couple of times.

This is not intended to be snide in the slightest, but when does one wear a kilt? What the proper occasions? I have zero experience with kilts and I'm curious.

Top Bottom