What's new

Dr Martens Boots/Shoes?

Timpon's said they don't actually remove the entire sole what they do is cut most of the existing sole off and glue on an identical sole and they said i wouldn't even notice the difference when i come back to collect them in a couple of days.........we'll see about that.
Can you put up a pic when they are done? I have 2 old pair that I never threw away that could be salvaged if they could be resoled.

Can you put up a pic when they are done? I have 2 old pair that I never threw away that could be salvaged if they could be resoled.

Yeah no problem, i did try to pick them up today and discovered that Timpsons had ordered the wrong size sole from Dr Martens, so its going to be another couple of days now before i get them back.

Picked up my old Cherry Red DM's today. Must say Timpson's did a fine job with the resole and these old boots have plenty of life in them yet. I know they look old from the photos but that's how i bought them from new, as a special 'vintage worn' look.

The soles are actually genuine Dr Marten soles 'made in England'! Very comfy boots :thumbup:

Out of interest, I have a few old pairs of the comfortable UK made boots and a very uncomfortable pair of UK made shoes.

I recently bought a new pair of shoes and they are made in Thailand, not China. They are far more comfortable than the UK shoes. They look well made too.

Gareth

TenorClef, thanks for putting the pictures up. They DMs turned out nice. I am going to have to make a few inquiries around here.

Well I just had to post these here. Occasionally I attend a black tie event where a tux is the order of the day and i still have the urge to wear Dr Martens. Gents check out the DM spats :001_smile-

Well I just had to post these here. Occasionally I attend a black tie event where a tux is the order of the day and i still have the urge to wear Dr Martens. Gents check out the DM spats :001_smile-

I have a similar pair of Black/White Docs that I frequently wear to black tie events. :thumbup1:

I wanted a pair of Docs so bad in high school. I had my eye on the pair below for a long time. When I finally got around to actually buying them, they didn't fit right. I was bummed and walked out of the store without anything.
proxy.php

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I've been wearing the classic 8 eye boots for the past 10 years, and really wanted to wear the black and white wingtips for my wedding in September, unfortunately when I got my hands on them I came to the realization that I looked like an absolute clown wearing them.

This was also the first pair or non English made docs I've looked at up close, and was disappointed with the workmanship, you could see the glue that was holding parts of the shoe together, the quality just wasn't there.

I think there is currently or recently 2 types of Black & White spats made by DM, a 3 hole and a 5 hole version. Would agree that the 5 hole version does look a little clownish for my liking. The 3 hole version looks much better and has that traditional brogue shape you would expect to find in a dress shoe.

If anyone knows where I can get my DM's resoled in a) sydney b) elsewhere in Australia c) over the internet, as well as was done in post#63, I'd love to hear about it.

Although, I'd hate to post them to the UK to get resoled, I would if it was going to be the best option - and I knew it was going to work.

As it so happens, they are the same boot as post#63... :lol:

If anyone knows where I can get my DM's resoled in a) sydney b) elsewhere in Australia c) over the internet, as well as was done in post#63, I'd love to hear about it.

Although, I'd hate to post them to the UK to get resoled, I would if it was going to be the best option - and I knew it was going to work.

As it so happens, they are the same boot as post#63... :lol:

Before i knew about resoling I threw a perfectly decent pair of Nappa Cherry Red DM's in the bin just because one of the soles had split.....I always regret that in retrospect.

I really don't know how you would go about getting your shoes resoled in Australia, i know it would not be cost effective to send them to the UK. Perhaps you can e-mail DM and request a pair of soles and then get a local cobbler to do the repair. They just score off the old sole and glue on the new one. Also try Timpsons.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Just checked my steel toe pair I got through work a couple months back and they ARE made in China.

Damn this thread for all the links to Dr Marten goodness! The "For Life" range seems interesting :biggrin1:

These appeal; Sawyer boot, *Chris boot, *Robson, Manton boot, 1490 boot, Farris shoe, Wayne shoe. Basically these look like they are made of a softer leather and are more suited to day to day wear.

This CHRIS model looks really nice.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I have two pairs of size 9 basic black Doc lowtops in good shape, lots and lots of wear left in both, that I have outgrown.

I will trade both for 1 pair of size 10-10 1/2 wide basic black lowtops in good shape if anyone is interested.

Quick question. Are the 50th anniversary 1460's worth the extra $70? If so, why?
Johnny

Yup they are worth it. Nice quillon leather and the pebble finish to the leather is very unique, i should add i have 4 pairs all signed too. :001_smile

Last edited:
Yup they are worth it. Nice quillon leather and the pebble finish to the leather is very unique, i should add i have 4 pairs all signed too. :001_smile

Did my pic have the quillion style leather? Basiclaly I'm looking for any everday work shoe/boot that is comfortable and doest make my feet sweat tonnes. I was thinking that leather would be better than the trainers I currently wear to work as they should be more breatheable right?

4 pairs sweet! Signed by who?

Top Bottom