What's new

Down the rabbit hole.

My wife loves her espresso. Our local shop just happened to have a full-warrantied demo Wega Mininova Classic. At an almost 1K discount, I just couldn't say no. Plumbing, filter, countertop mods....Grinder is next.

2017-05-28 19.24.45.jpg

My wife loves her espresso. Our local shop just happened to have a full-warrantied demo Wega Mininova Classic. At an almost 1K discount, I just couldn't say no. Plumbing, filter, countertop mods....Grinder is next.

View attachment 792521
I love good espresso. I have used Delonghi with good results. Sadly, the last espresso maker and grinder died, so no espresso for me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This class of machine is awesome
I have a Rocket Giotto and a Mazer Mini grinder ...
The giotto is in for repair unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice score.

Until you can pony up for a good grinder, find a local artisan roasting house and buy 1/2 lb quantities of their espresso blend run through one of their commercial grinders.

I did that for a while before I built my custom Mazzer doserless.

Toward the end of the 1/2 lb, the flavor of ground espresso shifts so drink a LOT of shots

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I'm still not entirely sure what espresso is. I've been a black coffee drinker for 18 years. But the machines look fun!

I'm still not entirely sure what espresso is. I've been a black coffee drinker for 18 years. But the machines look fun!

You need to go to a coffee shop that has an espresso machine.

What you are after is a double shot

Most people add sugar but when I get a double I drink it straight.

Espresso is an acquired taste and you may not be impressed with your first 2 oz cup of it (yes, a "double" is only 2 oz).

proxy.php

And I might recommend that you drink an Americano first. Which is a double shot of espresso diluted with hot water. So that you can better taste coffee brewed using the espresso brewing method, versus a concentrated shot. The pressurized extraction will produce different flavors than your typical home drip machine.

I like a good Americano, but undiluted espresso is not for me. Nice shot of caffeine, but the flavor is a bit strong for my taste. YMMV.

Top Bottom