What's new

Dorco Prime

Hello everyone :001_cool:

I shave my head since June 2018 with Dorco ST300 blades made in Vietnam, no irritations, burns or cuts.

Today, for the first time, I tried the Dorco Prime blade with my Dorco PL602 shaver that I have been using for 3 months.

I have a sensitive skin, I only make one pass WTG to shave my beard, I had a clean, smooth, soft shave.

This is a really great blade.

This blade will be one of my favorites.

Dorco Dorco Dorco ! :clap:

Hello everyone :001_cool:

I shave my head since June 2018 with Dorco ST300 blades made in Vietnam, no irritations, burns or cuts.

Today, for the first time, I tried the Dorco Prime blade with my Dorco PL602 shaver that I have been using for 3 months.

I have a sensitive skin, I only make one pass WTG to shave my beard, I had a clean, smooth, soft shave.

This is a really great blade.

This blade will be one of my favorites.

Dorco Dorco Dorco ! :clap:
Hi Babou, Newer HQ Technology Dorco Stainless and Primes are some of the most underrated blades available today. Premium performance at a value price. I use them regularly and they are my top performers. Many of the poor perceptions out there are due to older made in Korea production that is still floating around with some vendors.

Recently did an extensive analysis and write-up of the newer Dorco's you can see via the link below.

Hi Babou, Newer HQ Technology Dorco Stainless and Primes are some of the most underrated blades available today. Premium performance at a value price. I use them regularly and they are my top performers. Many of the poor perceptions out there are due to older made in Korea production that is still floating around with some vendors.

Recently did an extensive analysis and write-up of the newer Dorco's you can see via the link below.

Besides lower quality from old Korean factory, there is a huge amount of counterfeit DORCOs around. Just check sites like Alibaba and Aliexpress and see for yourself

So glad there is a following for these blades. I was eager to try them out and was fortunate to get my hand on two through the Great Blade Exchange.

My experience was not as successful as others..... I found my Dorco Prime to be rough and more irritating than my regular Astra. (I found it similar to Voskhod in result.)

I'd like to replace the Astra, for my own reasons, with another blade as my "regular" and hoped the Dorco could be the one based on my reading. Unfortunately, this first sample doesn't encourage me.

Maybe this sample was a Dud.... Maybe my technique is off.... Maybe my beard is different..... I'm glad others are having good experiences with Dorco!

I have a Dorco
So glad there is a following for these blades. I was eager to try them out and was fortunate to get my hand on two through the Great Blade Exchange.

My experience was not as successful as others..... I found my Dorco Prime to be rough and more irritating than my regular Astra. (I found it similar to Voskhod in result.)

I'd like to replace the Astra, for my own reasons, with another blade as my "regular" and hoped the Dorco could be the one based on my reading. Unfortunately, this first sample doesn't encourage me.

Maybe this sample was a Dud.... Maybe my technique is off.... Maybe my beard is different..... I'm glad others are having good experiences with Dorco!
I have a Dorco Prime loaded in my GC .76 waiting for my next shave. I've read that it's similar to the Astra SP. If you are looking for an alternative, I'd suggest the Treet Platinum and Derby Premium. They're both similar in terms of sharpness to the Astra SP. One other one to try is the ASCO Platinum Class (Orange box). I was really surprised at how well it did.

I have a stock pile of Dorco Titans. Excellent blade for me. ST300s are also fine on a regular day. Primes were great, but for me personally just slightly below the other two. I do have to say that on the first shave the Prime outperformed the other two in results and more importantly in comfort.

Cheers,

Guido

I have a Dorco

I have a Dorco Prime loaded in my GC .76 waiting for my next shave. I've read that it's similar to the Astra SP. If you are looking for an alternative, I'd suggest the Treet Platinum and Derby Premium. They're both similar in terms of sharpness to the Astra SP. One other one to try is the ASCO Platinum Class (Orange box). I was really surprised at how well it did.
Thank you for the recs! Right now, Bic Chrome Platinum is a strong candidate, but I have some Treets and Derbys to try out (thanks to the generosity of this forum). I'll be sure to give them a good look.

Cheers!

I don't really like the Dorco Prime, it's very mediocre in my experience. From the Dorcos, I like the ST300 the most, followed by the Titan.

It's possible that what was sent via the Great Blade Exchange was older made in Korea production - likely hard to tell from just the inner blade wrappers. It's the newer made in Vietnam production that is generally well regarded by most on B&B - details in our Dorco thread linked below. All my Dorco blades are from Vietnam and have been purchased over the past 3 years.

A second suggestion, if not tried already, is to use the Dorco Prime blades for a second shave. The Prime blades have and extra coating of teflon that can sometimes make the first shave a little rougher than those that follow. Typically 10-12 total great shaves in my case. My best Dorco Prime blade delivered 25 shaves (2nd link below).

Finally another option is to try the regular Dorco Stainless blades (ST300 or ST301 - only difference is plastic vs paper tuck). Those are also excellent.

Dorco Double Edge Blade SKU Changes & Clarifications - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/dorco-double-edge-blade-sku-changes-clarifications.616434/

I have a stock pile of Dorco Titans. Excellent blade for me. ST300s are also fine on a regular day. Primes were great, but for me personally just slightly below the other two. I do have to say that on the first shave the Prime outperformed the other two in results and more importantly in comfort.

Cheers,

Guido
Hi Guido, great example of YMMV. For me it's sometimes the first shave with my Dorco Primes (STP300/301) that is a little rough after which they are as good or better than my Dorco Stainless blades (ST300/301). Possibly due to the extra coating of teflon on the Primes. Never tried the Titans.

Top Bottom