What's new

Dorco Korea On ST300 & ST301 Blades

Dorco Korea emailed me & stated that the ST300 & ST301 are the same blade but, with different packaging.!! I hope this solves the question's on these two blades. The prime blade is a different Animal altogether.

I have only tried the Vietnamese ST300 (which worked pretty well) and the Korean ST301 (which I did not like at all).
I have not tried the ST300 in awhile - I think I will toss one in the Ikon Tech for tonight's shave. :001_smile
I also like the Personna blades I've tried - Lab Blue, Med Prep and IP Red.

Dorco ST300 are the most common blades that can be found locally here and they come in three different packages
(Including this fancy red cardboard box presentation)
proxy.php

I don't like them. Pity because they are cheap as chips ($ 0.40 a tuck) and can be found everywhere :cryin:

I have the Vietnam & the Korean blades In ST300. They both shave me about the same. They are both sharp & smooth for me. Personna blades suck in comparison to these blades.!
I really like the ST300 made in Vietnam and
They are Sharp and Smooth I use a Merkur
Futur set on 2.5 and get a BBS shave in 2
Passes and No touch up...to me the ST301
Made in Korea are a completely different
Blade...somewhere on the Web I read a review that included Microscopic photos
And the edge grind and beval are different
For ST300 & ST301 Vietnam & Korea Respectively....

Dorco ST300 are the most common blades that can be found locally here and they come in three different packages
(Including this fancy red cardboard box presentation)
proxy.php

I don't like them. Pity because they are cheap as chips ($ 0.40 a tuck) and can be found everywhere :cryin:
For Me the ST300 Made in Vietnam is a
Really Great Blade ,I'll take it with Pleasure,,
Over any of the Personna blades including
Med Preps Which I don't like at all.. I think
All the Personna blades are highly overrated....

Welcome to the club I've been in for years mostly because that's what the barber shop sold and I didn't know about this site. After I found this place I've sampled many a blade and keep coming back to old faithful. Cheap easy to find and one blade performs like the next. I never paid attention but my blades even from years ago are all Vietnam blades. I recently bought a Muhle 89 and 100 dorco primes and they are awesome together.

Welcome to the club I've been in for years mostly because that's what the barber shop sold and I didn't know about this site. After I found this place I've sampled many a blade and keep coming back to old faithful. Cheap easy to find and one blade performs like the next. I never paid attention but my blades even from years ago are all Vietnam blades. I recently bought a Muhle 89 and 100 dorco primes and they are awesome together.
I've been using the Dorco ST300 Vietnam
Blade in my Parker 98R & my Merkur Futur
And the Results are Absolutely Fantastic..
I've Posted quite a few threads on this forum in the Past , Praising these blades..
So I'm Honored to be in the club....
Thank You...
My Rotation consist of a lot of blades and
I Enjoy the ST300 Every bit as Much as I do
Any blade I use or have ever used, it is Truly an Outstanding Blade...

I got 31 shaves out of the Dorco ST 301 I tried, won't get around the trying the 300 for a while. The Dorco Prime I'm using is at shave 13, #14 tomorrow, and feels much sharper than the ST 301. I expect at least similar life. Not a bad blade at all, although it has the same feel. Not my favorite blade, but perfectly usable.

I don't know what model they are but I like the Vietnamese made Dorcos that are found as the store brand of Family Dollar and Dollar General. The package states that they are stainless steel. I can get 6-7 shaves with them and I like them better than my Shark SS blades. I also tried Korean made 301s and I like the Vietnamese blades better. The blades work extremely well in my Merkur 38HD.

I noticed that the Dorco Prime comes in STP300 (cardboard packaging) and STP301 (plastic dispenser) versions. I couldn't resist adding 60 of the STP300 to an order and expect them early next week. I think I'm getting the Korean version.

I noticed that the Dorco Prime comes in STP300 (cardboard packaging) and STP301 (plastic dispenser) versions. I couldn't resist adding 60 of the STP300 to an order and expect them early next week. I think I'm getting the Korean version.
You made a good decision.! The primes are sharper & smoother than some Russian blades that I have tried.

This is definitely a YMMV situation.

After reading this thread, I pulled out my tuck of made-in Vietnam blades from Family Dollar (Pace/Dorco STD301) and was not impressed. It may be me, but I found those blades tuggy and unpleasant.

That said, maybe the coating on the Prime ones makes a difference.

After reading this thread, I pulled out my tuck of made-in Vietnam blades from Family Dollar (Pace/Dorco STD301) and was not impressed. It may be me, but I found those blades tuggy and unpleasant.

Look if you want to test the Vietnamese
Made Dorco's ,, then get the heck out of the
The Dollar Stores and order Some Dorco
ST-300 made in Vietnam on the Internet
For me And a lot of other Members on B&B
The Dorco ST-300 Vietnamese blade is a
Really good blade it is both Smooth and
Sharp and long lasting to Boot....
Get off the fence and Participate the Price
Is with shipping included is Pretty Low....

Keep in mind Dorco also has a plant in China that's only focus is the 300. Does your blade list country of origin on the packaging? The chinese made Dorco's are horrible in my opinion and can only be compared to derby. I used derby for a time and thought they were ok, as I progressed I wouldn't give them away. I have 4 tucks of 10 blades I refuse to give out just because I don't want to deter someone from DE shaving.

Keep in mind Dorco also has a plant in China that's only focus is the 300. Does your blade list country of origin on the packaging? The chinese made Dorco's are horrible in my opinion and can only be compared to derby. I used derby for a time and thought they were ok, as I progressed I wouldn't give them away. I have 4 tucks of 10 blades I refuse to give out just because I don't want to deter someone from DE shaving.
Does the rapper on the individual blades
Say made in China, I ask because most of
The Post here that have positive reviews refer to the Vietnamese ST-300, Which is
Double rapped with the outer rapper clearly
Stating Made in Vietnam , I Personally consider them to be a Fine blade...I've never
Even heard of the Chinese Dorco..

Does the rapper on the individual blades
Say made in China, I ask because most of
The Post here that have positive reviews refer to the Vietnamese ST-300, Which is
Double rapped with the outer rapper clearly
Stating Made in Vietnam , I Personally consider them to be a Fine blade...I've never
Even heard of the Chinese Dorco..
The Family Dollar blades are Dorco STD301's (Pace Shave – Private Label Shaving Razors, Store Brand Razors, OEM Shave Razors, Double Edge Blades - STD301) which are, according to the package, made in Vietnam. They are not individually wrapped, but come in an old-school blade dispenser.

These are Bangkok Thailand bought blades. I did not like either but recall preferring the Korea blade. Maybe i need to revisit them?

IMG_20170423_085555159_HDR.jpg

Top Bottom