What's new

Dorco Korea On ST300 & ST301 Blades

In Thailand the pricing of these blades is ridiculous. A hundred box cost peanuts, so its a shame i didn't come to like them. Fortunately, Astra are also cheap, and Feather reasonable too. I particularly like the Super Thins (Thai and Vietnamese) which i'm told are made in Shanghai. Even the cheapest, Astra, are double the price of Dorco, but still cheap.
thai blades.jpg

Look if you want to test the Vietnamese
Made Dorco's ,, then get the heck out of the
The Dollar Stores and order Some Dorco
ST-300 made in Vietnam on the Internet
For me And a lot of other Members on B&B
The Dorco ST-300 Vietnamese blade is a
Really good blade it is both Smooth and
Sharp and long lasting to Boot....
Get off the fence and Participate the Price
Is with shipping included is Pretty Low....
Taking your advice, I stopped by the local beauty supply store and picked up a pack of Dorco ST-301 blades. I'm on my second shave with one (using a pre-War Tech) and am impressed with the results. These are definitely a cut above the dollar store STD-301 blades.

I've tried ST300 and ST301 and they were usable, but I wouldn't buy a brick of them, regardless of how inexpensive. The STP-301 "Prime" blades, however, are really good, and I am likely to keep some on hand. They seem like a whole different animal to me.

Dorco Korea emailed me & stated that the ST300 & ST301 are the same blade but, with different packaging.!! I hope this solves the question's on these two blades. The prime blade is a different Animal altogether.
I've used 300's for years and recently tried the 301 as well as the primes and I can vouge they are not the same. I know the 300 like the back of my hand and the 301 is imo a engineering turd. The prime is the result of sharp and smooth.

The only 300 I've ever used in the last 10 yrs was made in Vietnam the same as the new primes and they are awesome...both of them. The 300 is great in an aggressive head while the prime is just fantastic. The 301 I wouldn't shave my dog with.

Interesting, we have re-branded Vietnamese Dorco blades over here in Europe. These are sold by Mueller perfumeries. Thing is outer cardboard package says MMan blades but blade wrapping says dorco. And sometimes package is either ST300 or ST301.
Compared to Korean ones these are really good.

Yep.. Dorco Vietnam Blades are much better than Dorco Korean blades. The Vietnamese have way better QC than Korea.

Just to make sure I wasn't wrong about my initial test of the primes I spent all week trying them out in different razors and the results were the same. Kind of rough in an aggressive head such as the Maggard v3 and smooth as silk in the Muhle R89. I had the same issue with the Astra being rough in the Muhle while being great in a Maggard with a weighted handle. I'm about ready to ditch every razor and blade I have except the Muhle and the prime and just keep it simple and consistent.

Dorco Korea emailed me & stated that the ST300 & ST301 are the same blade but, with different packaging.!! I hope this solves the question's on these two blades. The prime blade is a different Animal altogether.
Hello, I'm looking for St300 SP orange box? So, do you have it?

thank you

Top Bottom