What's new

Dollar Shave Club

Well, I've tried their twin blader and their 4 blader and I don't like either one. They also have a 6 blader, but I've never had good results with anything that has more than 3 blades, so I'm not wasting my time/money on it. I was hoping I'd like the twin blade as I really like using my Atra with Personna carts...this would've given me another twin razor to use, but it didn't work out that way...I canceled my account with DSC this morning...someone said the DSC twin carts were made by Dorco...I believe it now as I've tried their twin carts before and I didn't like them then either...

I tried Dollar Shave Club too, and I didn't like them for two reasons: one, and primarily, I didn't like the razors (I did try the 6 blade one) and two, I didn't like the subscription aspect. I want to order products when I want them. I also tried ShaveMob, and while it was better, I still didn't like the razors.

I've found some generic Trac II cartridges (which supposedly can be used with an Atra handle) at Family Dollar - $2 for 10 carts - and they work surprisingly well. The package says they are made in Korea, which I don't know if that means Dorco, but I've been happy with them so far. I haven't used them very often, since I'm still trying to get my DE shaves down, but when I did use them, they worked well (with a Bump Fighter handle.) I bought a vintage metal Atra handle from eBay (should be here on Friday) so I'll see how they work then.

I tried Dollar Shave Club too, and I didn't like them for two reasons: one, and primarily, I didn't like the razors (I did try the 6 blade one) and two, I didn't like the subscription aspect. I want to order products when I want them. I also tried ShaveMob, and while it was better, I still didn't like the razors.

I've found some generic Trac II cartridges (which supposedly can be used with an Atra handle) at Family Dollar - $2 for 10 carts - and they work surprisingly well. The package says they are made in Korea, which I don't know if that means Dorco, but I've been happy with them so far. I haven't used them very often, since I'm still trying to get my DE shaves down, but when I did use them, they worked well (with a Bump Fighter handle.) I bought a vintage metal Atra handle from eBay (should be here on Friday) so I'll see how they work then.

If you got them from Family Dollar, then they're probably Dorcos...if you want to try a nice Atra cart try the Personnas...to me they seem every bit as good as the Gillette carts, and far better than the Dorcos...

DSC is, if one thing, successful with the creative advertising. I looked into DSC when I had trouble making time to go buy cartridges. The fact that they did not have such a thing as an expiring subscription option, like one that would expire after a year, turned me off right away. As an option, I started shopping eBay for cheaper cartridges in bulk. Somewhere in all that I slipped into traditional shaving, and am now hundreds of dollars into saving money.

I belonged to DSC for a while and used the 4 blade razors. They were ok, but they always gave me ingrown hairs on the right side of my jaw. Could have been their razor, or it could have just been that I was using a cartridge and any of them would have done the same. Their shave butter is pretty good. Ultimately it wasn't enough to keep me using it so I converted to a DE and a brush and haven't looked back since! Best decision I made as far as shaving is concerned!

DSC is what eventually led me here too. I sent them an email and told them I wanted to join but I was wanting to put enough money for one year on a prepaid Visa. They said they sometimes have trouble accepting prepaids and recommended I use my regular account info. I wasn't willing to do that and began researching other options which led me to DE shaving. I'm pretty glad things went as they did.

Top Bottom