What's new

Does steel ever touch skin?

Im glad im not the only dork here that immediately thought of electromagnetic repulsion.

Though i may be the only dork here who then considered shaving within a particle collider...

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Im glad im not the only dork here that immediately thought of electromagnetic repulsion.

Though i may be the only dork here who then considered shaving within a particle collider...

I resemble that remark:001_smile

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Don't do it in the Haldron- the black hole will swallow the earth:lol:

So... if Skin causes weight.. and I remove skin when I shave...

Technically before my next physical I should shave my entire body!! Not only will I be lighter without hair, all that extra skin could bump up my BMI!!

Although... It may cause unnecessary questions during the prostate exam... Hmmmmm... :lol:

So... if Skin causes weight.. and I remove skin when I shave...

Technically before my next physical I should shave my entire body!! Not only will I be lighter without hair, all that extra skin could bump up my BMI!!

Although... It may cause unnecessary questions during the prostate exam... Hmmmmm... :lol:

Presumably shaving your head would make you shorter too, which would bump your BMI back down sorry. :001_tt2:

It occurs to me to wonder if the blade - DE or straight - ever actually makes contact with the skin of the face during a wet shave?

Sorry cannot post the picture here due to copyright restrictions, but here is the link.

Coloured SEM of beard shavings on a razor blade

Beard shavings. Coloured Scanning Electron Micro- graph (SEM) of cut beard hairs on the edge of a razor blade (blue). In addition to the large hair shavings, there are skin flakes and remnants of shaving foam. A "wet shave" using a razor results in the hair ends being cleanly cut. Magnification: x200 at 6x4.5cm size.
Also interesting :

SEM of beard hair cut with razor blade

Scanning electron micrograph (SEM) of a man's beard hair after being shaved with an ordinary razor blade, showing the cleanly cut end that results. Compare with P720/056 which shows a beard hair cut by an electric shaver. Note the hair's central core, or "medulla". Magnification: X 540 at 8x10-inch size, X 77 at 35mm size.

Top Bottom