What's new

Does any company make replacement carts for the Mach 3?

I don't mean Gillette carts, I mean is there another company that makes the cheaper replacement carts? For example, Personna makes replacement carts for the Atra, which are much less expensive than the Gillette carts, but are just as good IMO. I like the Mach 3, but the replacement Gillette carts are just way too expensive, and I haven't been able to find any less expensive ones from other companies...

If you have a CVS nearby, try the CVS-branded Torq 3 cartridge. They are less expensive than the Mach 3, and they work better for me. They last longer as well.

Pick the bones out of these......

4x Pieces €1,40
http://www.ebay.es/itm/New-Useful-4...699859?hash=item1a1f9f8d93:g:A4AAAOSwMgdXw4qp
proxy.php

8x Pieces €8,51
http://www.ebay.es/itm/8PCS-gillett...680980?hash=item282217dc94:g:Z6wAAOSwdIFX1yf-
proxy.php

One Dozen €6,05
http://www.ebay.es/itm/12Pcs-Generi...457026?hash=item25c3203202:g:la8AAOSw9IpXx4iO
proxy.php

Two Dozen €10,40
http://www.ebay.es/itm/24Pcs-Pack-G...331402?hash=item360d6ab6ca:g:MlUAAOSw-0xYNi2L
proxy.php

32x Pieces €22,70
http://www.ebay.es/itm/32pcs-Men-Ra...406814?hash=item282096355e:g:iOEAAOSwmfhX4-9g

proxy.php

Made in China, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they turn out to be the Derby Extra of the cartridge world :lol:

Last edited:
Wal-Mart has their own house brand of cartridges that fit the Mach 3 handle: based on what I've read, they could be made by Personna.

Wal-Mart has their own house brand of cartridges that fit the Mach 3 handle: based on what I've read, they could be made by Personna.

I actually bought a 5 pack of the Walmart brand (Equate). I like them. My only complaint about them is also a plus as it turns out. The self lubricating substance this thing secretes is so overly abundant, that using any type of lather (either soap or cream) ends up being so much it just clogs up the blades. So for the first two or three shaves with one of these carts I don't even need to use a lather, as its own self-lubricant is more than sufficient. I find the blades in this cart as good as those in the Gillette carts, at one third the price.

I just picked up 5 of the CVS carts this morning and shaved with one about an hour ago. These carts and the Equate ones are very close in every performance category. Both expel enough of its own lubricant that lathering up is simply not needed. I soak the razor in a cup of hot water while I shower, and by the time I'm ready to shave, the lubricant just flows from the cart. I rub the razor over my face backwards to cover my face with the slime, then proceed to shave. The shaves are comfortable in any direction and I have yet to nick myself, or even have any razor burn or irritation. Convenience wise, this razor/cart combo rocks! I did a full 3 pass shave in less than 3 minutes and ended with a BB shave. No shaving brush, no lather, just soak and go. Of course if I feel like doing the whole DE ritual, I still can, but I'm guessing I'll be enjoying this razor combo for a while. I guess if I had to choose one cart over the other, I would pick the equate ones due to their lower price. The equate carts are about $1.25 each, while the CVS ones are about $2 each. Both are much less expensive than the Gillette carts, and they work just as well IMO...I'm in love with my Mach 3 once again!

It might be a slight exaggeration on my part, but fans of cartridges are definitely in the minority. There are a few of us around, though.

It might be a slight exaggeration on my part, but fans of cartridges are definitely in the minority. There are a few of us around, though.

Oh, I still like my DE, but I like to mix it up...sometimes I use my DE, sometimes my Atra, sometimes my Atra and my DE, sometimes my Mach 3...using the same razor all of the time becomes dull (get the pun)?

The Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, [INSERT STORE BRAND HERE] cartridges are all white label from Dorco's Caliber 3 line. I used them during a military school where I had no time for a wet shave. They gave me pretty serious in-grown hairs and black heads from stretched skin. Even in a pinch I do not recommend cartridges. You can learn to wet shave in 10 minutes or less with a brush and great lather.

The Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, [INSERT STORE BRAND HERE] cartridges are all white label from Dorco's Caliber 3 line. I used them during a military school where I had no time for a wet shave. They gave me pretty serious in-grown hairs and black heads from stretched skin. Even in a pinch I do not recommend cartridges. You can learn to wet shave in 10 minutes or less with a brush and great lather.

Shaving with a cartridge razor IS wet shaving (unless you dry shave with them)??? Shaving with a DE simply takes more time...I can shave with my Mach 3 in less than 3 minutes, and get a damn good shave to boot. Do I get better shaves with the Mach 3 compared to a DE, no, but it sure is a lot more convenient...like I said, I will use this razor for a while, then go back to my DE, then on to my Atra, and so on...

Traditionally, the meaning of the term "wet shaving" is used to encompass the use of a shaving brush and glycerin or tallow-based soaps or creams, all of which facilitate in keeping your face wet. Whereas your typical cartridge shaver only uses water to rinse the cartridge. I'm not saying that is how you shave. I honestly don't care. I'm just trying to help answer your question.

I'm glad to hear you get a good shave from a cartridge, nothing wrong with that. Use what works for you. As stated, I'm quite sure (based on experience using the product) that the drug store big-box brands are white label Dorco Caliber 3. They just didn't work well for me.

Traditionally, the meaning of the term "wet shaving" is used to encompass the use of a shaving brush and glycerin or tallow-based soaps or creams, all of which facilitate in keeping your face wet. Whereas your typical cartridge shaver only uses water to rinse the cartridge. I'm not saying that is how you shave. I honestly don't care. I'm just trying to help answer your question.

I'm glad to hear you get a good shave from a cartridge, nothing wrong with that. Use what works for you. As stated, I'm quite sure (based on experience using the product) that the drug store big-box brands are white label Dorco Caliber 3. They just didn't work well for me.

I didn't know that was considered wet shaving. I always thought it meant your face and razor was wet, as opposed to dry shaving, like with an electric razor...

Top Bottom