What's new

Do you think this would work

So I was bored on etsy and came across this shavette. I have been wanting to resale both of my razors. Do you think this would work to take it apart and swap the scales to my straight razors.

I had bought some from eBay and the 5 1/4in length is about a quarter inch to short. Thise ones there are only 5in long. I think I need to go back to the guy I bought from on eBay and have him make a new set longer and thinner.

Can you tell me on that site they have spacer material is that correct to use on a restore.

Can you tell me on that site they have spacer material is that correct to use on a restore.

do you mean the wedge spacer or the nylon spacers between the scale and blade? If you mean nylon washer, they will cause problems down the road.

Didnt think about that. I'll try that. Once I start this project I will be posting pics from start to end.

A lot of people over think this I use 2mm thick A4 sheets of acrylic perspex sheet, for some of my scales along with Horn and wood and get fantastic results from it...

20180909_203421.jpg 20180502_192001.jpg 20180505_153644.jpg 20180506_025426.jpg 20180911_044610.jpg 20180915_222112.jpg

Much cheaper and you can get what you want in any colour

I go with 2 to 3mm the 5 mm is way to thick, the way I work it is if I want flat scales I go with 2mm if I want rounded go with 3mm. As that 1mm might not sound a lot but it is when shaping the scales. Also when you come to polish them use (Novus no 2) fine polish and they will come up like glass.

It can be found here that's state side btw

Also when you come to polish them use (Novus no 2) fine polish and they will come up like glass.

All good info Ian. :001_smile

I've used Mothers Mag and Acetone to polish Acrylic with good results.
This Novus #2, do you think it's better, and will it polish Kirinite as well?

All good info Ian. :001_smile

I've used Mothers Mag and Acetone to polish Acrylic with good results.
This Novus #2, do you think it's better, and will it polish Kirinite as well?

Oh yes without a doubt mate, I used on my Gold Dollars with Kirinite with fantastic results.....

Top Bottom