What's new

Do you prefer Smooth or Blade Feel? ....Poll

Do you prefer Smooth or Blade Feel

• Smooth

Votes: 56 62.9%
  • Blade Feel

Votes: 33 37.1%

• Total voters
Plenty of blade feel for me. I want to hear a nice crunching sound as the hairs get cut, and feel the blade on my skin.

That's the whole fun of it!

I associate audibles with scraping the hair rather than cutting the hair. At least I have discovered this to be true using a straight razor. I found these instructions.

Torrey Instructions.jpg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Though I sometimes enjoy the song of the steel, I much prefer my shaves to be silent and smoooooth.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Do it right and you can have it both ways -- but primarily it's got to be smooth.

When I first started shaving as a hobby about 8 years ago, I preferred to feel the blade. Now I noticed I have been changing my mind. I seem to prefer the smooth mild razors.

Care more about a smooth shave that's going to get me what I need without tearing up my face, which I tend to do if there's a bunch of blade feel.

I like it smoooth but at times I enjoy the audio feedback of the blade cutting the stubble!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I like blade feel. In general, I get closer, longer-lasting shaves with blade-forward razors (e.g., Ikon Tech, R41 2011, MMOC, Asylum RX, PAA DOC Evo, Charcoal Level 3, etc.). There are some smooth razors in my den that are similarly efficient (e.g., 17-4, Rocnel Elite 2019 Aggressive). I expect a perfect shave every day, and I don't have many disappointing days.

Interestingly, some of my blade-forward razors don't make much noise.

Top Bottom