What's new

Do you moisturize?

I wash my face in the morning and the evening. My routine consists of face wash, witch hazel, oil free moisturizer. My skin thanks me for it.

I'm still in search for a good moisturizer. I used to have extremely oily skin which was part of bad acne. It was bad enough that I was prescribed Accutane which is somewhat rough on the body. I now have very dry skin to the point where I use a steroid cream daily. I would love to get away from that but haven't found anything yet. I did order some Jack Black products las week, and I'll be interested to see how they work on my skin n

I have really oily skin as well. I use Clinique brand moisterizing Gel (oil free, designed for oily skin). It works well for me.

I moisturise everyday, standard moisturiser is nivea for men original, nivea sensitive shaving balm for shaving, palmers cocoa butter for body (has the best smell). Moisturising keeps skin healthy. However make sure you don't use one that doesn't suit your skin type.

I use Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15 in the morning and lubriderm 3 in 1 men's unscented at night.

I moisturise everyday, standard moisturiser is nivea for men original, nivea sensitive shaving balm for shaving, palmers cocoa butter for body (has the best smell). Moisturising keeps skin healthy. However make sure you don't use one that doesn't suit your skin type.

I use palmers cocoa butter for my body as well .That stuff is AWESOME. I have found it has alcohol in it as it stings when i use on my face after shaving so i just use it as a body moisturizer which i find it works better as anyways :)

I would like to know how those Jack Black products go if you could keep me posted :)

So far I'm really liking them. I got the Dry Erase and Double Duty. They are much lighter than the Aveeno Eczema cream I was using, and my face has actually been considerably less itchy. A little goes a long way, so the price is justifiable.

I have been prescribed steroid cream today for my arms which have bad dry skin. This is why im after why wet shaving has helped the skin on my face so much. One moisturizer i find really does help and have just got some more today when my skin flares up is, doublebase gel. I dont know why this helps my skin so much but it just does, also something called oiletum which is used in the shower is really good too.

I would like to know how those Jack Black products go if you could keep me posted :)

I use jack black products. Everything except their shaving cream. The moisturizer is nice, as is the daily face wash. Best ive found so far. :)

Well i suggest laroche products thermal water and toleriane emulsion as after shave. Non oily, soothing and moisturizing. And odorless...

I can't use it. I can't say whether or not my skin is particularly oily (although I would guess it is), but I always break out when I use any type of moisturizer. No exceptions. I even have to be careful about the level of glycerin in my splashes. I wash my face with 10% benzoyl peroxide wash mixed with ground-up aspirin (for scrub and salicylic acid) and follow with alum, even when I don't shave. One the rare occasions I have to use some kind of lotion (tattoo, sunburn, ect) I use plain ol' aloe vera gel.

Every time I shave I use Jack Black Facial products.....been using Jack Black since '09. Two pumps of the Double Duty and 2 of the Skin Serum. I'm a big fan of JB stuff.

I moisturize morning and night since I wash my face twice a day. I have combination skin so I get pretty oily throughout my T-zone. I just started moisturizing a couple months ago after having a friend introduce me to lush products. I'm using enzymion from them which seems to still make me a little oily so I'm trying out a new one called imperilus which seems to be much better.

I've got dry facial skin issues. My dermatologist recommended Vanicreme brand moisturizer. It's a bit pricey at $14 for a large container, but it works great and lasts for many months.

CeraVe AM and PM. Always on the lookout for something better but haven't found anything.

CeraVe is my go to as well. The ceramides are what makes it so good for your skin. Is it worth using the AM and PM over just the Lotion? for some reason, I feel like it is a marketing ploy to get more money out of you.

I also use facial moisturizer. Olay products are pretty darn good and after a shave my face is extremely smooth. I use one of the Regenerist serums with antioxidants. It helps with my acne prone skin too.

Last edited:
I massage Noxzema Cleansing Cream into my whiskers before each pass with the razor. My final step before completing my shave is the application of Nivea Aftershave Balm. My facial complexion has never been better.

CeraVe is my go to as well. The ceramides are what makes it so good for your skin. Is it worth using the AM and PM over just the Lotion? for some reason, I feel like it is a marketing ploy to get more money out of you.

I also use facial moisturizer. Olay products are pretty darn good and after a shave my face is extremely smooth. I use one of the Regenerist serums with antioxidants. It helps with my acne prone skin too.

Which Olay products do you use specifically? Sounds like we might have similar skin and I'd like to give it a shot. Thanks.

I don't think the AM/PM is a marketing ploy because they're priced similarly and one just has some sun protection.

Which Olay products do you use specifically? Sounds like we might have similar skin and I'd like to give it a shot. Thanks.

I don't think the AM/PM is a marketing ploy because they're priced similarly and one just has some sun protection.

They are priced similarly, but the amount you get with the AM/PM is significantly less than say, the actual lotion. Maybe I am incorrect.

As for the Olay products, I am currently using the Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum (Say that three times fast!). Rave reviews everywhere, which is why I purchased it in the first place. I apply it in the morning. Smooth complexion, and I have cleared up significantly acne wise. The best part is that it's fairly cheap as well ($16.99 on Amazon) It comes in a 1.7 oz pump dispenser. You can purchase it at CVS/Walgreens/Target as well. I am still on my first batch, and have had it for a month and a half now. I apply a pump to each side of the face (smooth over cheeks, neck, chin/mustache area, and under eyes) and half a pump to my forehead/nose, as I have an oily forehead.

I also use the night recovery cream, but I don't notice anything really special from it. Apparently, Olay changed the formula with the new batches, which have received nothing but complaints. I will probably go with NB UltraMarine for my next night creme. I still have a lot left, as the cream is pretty heavy.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Top Bottom