What's new

Do you have a winter "beard season"

I used to grow a beard in the fall and shave it off in the spring. Now, though, my beard is all gray and my hair is still mostly blonde, so it would look weird. Besides, I used to hate shaving, so it was nice to take a break from it (other than some trimming). Now that I'm into DE shaving, I would miss it.

My beard/head hair used to be mostly brown with some red mixed in. The red hairs have since been replaced with grey. The brown ones are following suit. I always tell me wife, I have no problem whatsoever with my hair changing color, as long as it's all still there.

I don't. I've grown goatees in the past, but I didn't have the eye to keep them even and symmetrical when I trimmed them up.

I've only grown one real proper beard, which took quite some time. I grew it out for my part in a dramatic performance in a fraternal initiation. I had done the part previously, but had to use a prosthetic beard, which looked horrible, and ridiculous.

A friend of mine normally sports a goatee during warm weather, and a beard during colder months.

I grow my goatee out in the winter. I guess technically I always have a little goatee, and in the winter I have a Van Dyke.

I'm considering growing out a beard for deer season - I think it would make sitting in ten degree weather a bit more pleasant. My wife hates the feel of facial hair (doesn't mind the look though) so I may be stuck throwing on turtle fur instead.

Bump.

Having just bought enough soap for a year, and a new Feather AC SS with enough blades for a year... I'm thinking I will grow beard back over the Christmas break.
Lower neck and upper cheeks still get done but it's not the same. Just when I'm getting the hang of shaving the chin...

proxy.php

Gotta love Charles Hadden!

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I used to have a beard season year round. Full heard middle spring to middle call, then trim to a van Dyke for winter. Now it's a van Dyke year round

I grew a beard at 16 and kept it untill I was 31, I started to go grey in the whiskers and decided i was to young for the salt and pepper look. Now i just sport a mustache, maybe in a few years when i go all white in the wiskers i'll go with the beard again. I'm 33 and about half there, my dad and grandpa were both totaly grey in the face by 40

I have a year round short beard. Fortunately, if left unchecked, I end up looking like a wookie within a couple of weeks. So the cheeks and neck, along with the rest of me, need constant grooming.

I keep a beard year round, but it does change size and shape with the seasons. In the summer I usually go to a ducktail or maybe even a circle beard. In the winter it's a full beard, just hitting the few hairs that fall well out of the beard line on the cheeks, and cleaning up the lower neck so it doesn't connect to the chest hair. Even when I'm trimmed up for summer I usually have at least 2-3" of beard on the chin, By late winter early spring it can get pretty pretty big.

Right now I'm using a Wahl corded hair and face trimmer. It comes in a pretty decent kit with several combs and 2 different width trimmer heads. I got mine from Meyer for just under 30 bucks.

Thanks, Kevin. I also use a trimmer and like it, but for the life of me I can't seem to get them to last for more than two years. This year I am trying scissors as my sole method due to the demise of my trimmer. I practice standard maintenance on the trimmer, yet they still fail after two years.

Thanks, Kevin. I also use a trimmer and like it, but for the life of me I can't seem to get them to last for more than two years. This year I am trying scissors as my sole method due to the demise of my trimmer. I practice standard maintenance on the trimmer, yet they still fail after two years.

I'm in the same boat. I've given up on buying the nice ones because they always break or or dull to quickly to be worth it.
My uncle has been using one of these manual trimmers on his beard for the last 2 decades and swears by it. I may give that a try once the Wahl bites the dust.
proxy.php

What goes bad on your trimmers, the battery or the blades, or something else? My last trimmer lasted forever, but the battery was so so the last few years it was corded.
I use both trimmers and scissors, but it seems like I'm using the scissors more and more lately. When I do use trimmers I usually go without the guard and just freehand the length. About the only time I use guards is for the eyebrows, or sometimes to thin out the stache.

Top Bottom