What's new

Do you have a signature scent?

Like many of you, it's hard to choose just one. But if I had to choose one it would be Beyond Paradise for Men. But I have to hoard it because it's been discontinued. When it becomes unobtainable or priced too high, I would probably choose Guerlain Vetiver as my signature. Agua Brava is a nice and very affordable daily driver. Finally, Mugler Cologne is my summer scent.

bpm.pnggv.pngab.jpegmc.jpg

Summer of Love by Jenny Durkan. It's a whimsical affair of self-indulgence and entitlement opening with top notes of tobacco, leather and petrol drying to notes of gun powder and smoke, eventually giving way to a base of smoldering ash.

I have been using Armani Code for 11 years, now it seems too sweet to me. I am using Davidoff Cool Water for summer and Terre D'Hermes for the fall/winter. I am looking for a spring scent.

I don't, as I enjoy variety.

That said, my wife doesn't like most of my aftershaves. All the ones I happen to like the most, she likes the least or downright can't stand. Think stuff heavy on Vetiver, Sandalwood, etc.

Some of those YT fragrance experts said somewhere that women like clean and light scents. And so the other day we were at the mall in a big department store that sells loads of fragrances, called Müller (it's a German chain). And after spending some time sniffing fragrances, she fell in love with Bleu de Chanel. I'm not saying it'll become my signature scent, but man that stuff is great.

So, I ordered Stirling Deep Blue Sea soap and splash and she loved it. This stuff indeed smells like BdC EDT.

I'm not saying this will be my signature scent, as I'll probably never have one, but I'll be adding the BdC EDT to my fragrance collection shortly.

1626433187371.png

Summer of Love by Jenny Durkan. It's a whimsical affair of self-indulgence and entitlement opening with top notes of tobacco, leather and petrol drying to notes of gun powder and smoke, eventually giving way to a base of smoldering ash.
Well done.

What's your definition of a signature scent? A scent you wear everyday or a scent for special occasions. It would be sad turning up for your fiftieth wedding anniversary wearing the same fragrance you wear day in and day out. You wouldn't turn up in everyday clothing would you?

I had a scent created for myself, I use it sparingly. If there is any left they can cover me in the stuff at my funeral.

I was using Kouros, but switched to The Man Silver. It’s scent is more like the old Kouros. I use Mitchell’s Wool Fat due to it not leaving a lingering scent after shaving.. some folks think MWF has no scent. On the other hand I think it has a nice clean soap smell that is perfect for matching up with any EDT.

Last edited:

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I tend toward Caron Yatagan*, but it is way too heavy for the summer months. Hence, I switch around a lot. Who knows? Maybe I'll find a new favorite.

*Complicating this whole thing are the rumors that Yatagan has been discontinued.

I was using Kouros, but switched to The Man Silver. It’s scent is more like the old Kouros. I use Mitchell’s Wool Fat due to it not leaving a lingering scent after shaving.. some folks think MWF has no scent. On the other hand I think it has a nice clean soap smell that is perfect for matching up with any EDT.
Is that the Milton-Lloyd fragrance?

I have one cologne that I've been wearing since high school (so 25+ years): Cuba by Paris. So, those that know me would consider this my signature scent. I wear it on days I haven't shaved (I won't mix scents if I'm wearing a scented aftershave), and I get compliments on it frequently. It's cheap, but it smells fantastic.

I acquired one in my twenties and thirties and it wasn't one I selected myself. Back in my early twenties my father's cousin came to stay with us for a week or so,
I gave up my room for him.. When he left I guess he forgot to pack his bottle of Lagerfeld. I laid claim. One night soon after my friends and I were going out to a bar, more of a club and I wore it. A beautiful girl I'd never met approached me to compliment me on it in very intimate language. Over the near 20 years I wore it that became very commonplace, often leading to...close friendships. I've never experienced anything close before, during or after.
A little follow-up, the " Lagerfeld Project " ended after 20 years. I got married. The purpose of wearing a scent changed and I began wearing fragrances that had a little more of a statement of established, gentlemanly vibe. Pen's English Fern, C&S O&C, L'occitane Eau des Baux. I used the first two more, but not only, for work and when I took clients out. The L'occitane was for the weekend with my wife.

A little while ago, in the ‘70s, I used Brut. A new hire at work used Brut by pouring in his hand, then applying it. You knew when he was coming.
Then I tried Halston Z14. A co-worker was VERY allergic to it.
At the time I had a roommate. He used Aramis. I liked it, so did my girl friend.
Roommate and girl friend didn’t get along. He left, she and Aramis stayed.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
No signature scents for myself.
But I find my self reaching for Ogallala bayrum and sandalwood a lot and really enjoy Lavender scents & Vetiver scents.

Top Bottom