What's new

Do you have a signature scent?

I was wondering, as so many folks around here happen to experiment with soaps, creams, aftershaves, colognes, etc...

OTOH, some folks have been wearing that one and the same "signature" cologne for decades.

Which camp are you in? 😀
I have signatures scents but they only last for a few yrs at a time except for Creed Bois de Portugal for about 15 yrs now which is my winter scent. My summer scent is Creed Selection Verte for the last 5 years. Prior to that the summer scent was Castle Forbes Keig.

It used to be exclusively Chaps, way back when. Then It was Drakkar Noir, till I found this place. :) now I jump around a bunch.

Penhaligon's Opus 1870

proxy.php

After sampling many colognes over the years, I’ve found few that I really enjoy. There are some contenders but my go-to signature scent is Acqua Di Parma - Colonia. A few shaving companies have imitated this scent. Mickey Lee Soapworks - Colonia Di Agrumi and Fine Accoutrements - Italian Citrus come to mind.
E3C4E114-063A-496D-B263-7FC926C90246.jpeg

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
There are a few fragrances that I like and wear.

But there is only 1 that undoubtedly is my Signature scent: Acqua di Parma Colonia. :001_wub:

Changes periodically. Currently I am on Armani Stronger With You for everyday and Chanel Egoiste Platinum for occasions.

I got a bunch of samples from Microperfumes and of all the samples my wife love Tom Ford's Fabulous. She said it was my signature scent. When I saw how much a small bottle cost my jaw hit the floor. I currently have a travel spray of it and in search of an inexpensive dupe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a bunch of samples from Microperfumes and of all the samples my wife love Tom Ford's Fing Fabulous. She said it was my signature scent. When I saw how much a small bottle cost my jaw hit the floor. I currently have a travel spray of it and in search of an inexpensive dupe.

No problem. Get the 8.4oz, it's a much better value on a $1/oz basis. You'll save a fortune. 😆

For more great money saving tips, follow me @ "dovo shaves and saves". 😋

I got a bunch of samples from Microperfumes and of all the samples my wife love Tom Ford's Fabulous. She said it was my signature scent. When I saw how much a small bottle cost my jaw hit the floor. I currently have a travel spray of it and in search of an inexpensive dupe.

I know it’s made by a soap company but you may want to check out PAA Doppelgänger F-Bombs. They have an EDP as well as soap, splash, etc in that scent. They also sell small samples of their aftershave / cologne for $1 if you want to see how close the scent is.

I know it’s made by a soap company but you may want to check out PAA Doppelgänger F-Bombs. They have an EDP as well as soap, splash, etc in that scent. They also sell small samples of their aftershave / cologne for $1 if you want to see how close the scent is.
I got the F bomb sample and I had Fabulous. I did a blind scent test with my wife. She could tell the difference but she said the F bomb was very good. However she insists on The Fabulous.
Oleo soapworks has a version too. Its called "40" They have the soap, splash and a EDT. They do not have samples so I'm not sure how good it is. I will probably get a version of the soap. I'm thinking I'm going to get a bottle of the real stuff eventually. The good thing is it lasts a long time. I have noticed that with Tom Ford scents, they last.

I acquired one in my twenties and thirties and it wasn't one I selected myself. Back in my early twenties my father's cousin came to stay with us for a week or so,
I gave up my room for him.. When he left I guess he forgot to pack his bottle of Lagerfeld. I laid claim. One night soon after my friends and I were going out to a bar, more of a club and I wore it. A beautiful girl I'd never met approached me to compliment me on it in very intimate language. Over the near 20 years I wore it that became very commonplace, often leading to...close friendships. I've never experienced anything close before, during or after.

Used to: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet. Some years ago, I thought the formula had been slightly modified (my imagination, probably) and stopped using it. I also had the impression that the price increased significantly over the years (not sure, though). Used to wear it daily.

Nowadays, when I wear EDT, it's 4711.

Curious about Floris 127. When borders reopen and we, Brazilians, are allowed to visit once again, want to give it a try.

Although I'm not a religious EDT wearer, since I never alternate, you might say it is a signature scent.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I use 4711 99% of the time, but it is so ephemeral it is hard to call it a signature scent.

I usually have two or three. One that I use most days day during spring and fall, the one I use for special occasions, and the one I use most days during fall and winter. When one runs out I replace it with something else. My most days currently is Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee, special occasions it's just Guerlain Homme, and winter regular is L'Occitane Vetyver.

The Vetyver is low so unless they bring it back, I'll probably need to find a new cold weather one at some point.

Top Bottom