What's new

Do you find yourself using the same rig daily even though you have other stuff?

A year and a half on one puck? That's a long lived soap. I usually squeeze about 4 months of daily shaves out of one puck (4 oz or so). Kudos.

That's one reason why I like AoS. The other is the excellent performance.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I tend to change it all up daily except for when I travel. I sometimes try to pick some setup and stick with it, but that never works. I just got an AS-D2 and tried to shave with it exclusively for two weeks. Don't know if I made it, as I lost count, but I changed my razor yesterday. I usually change my software every day. They only thing I keep somewhat regular is my brush, which usually goes for a week or so before getting swapped.

I'm aiming to whittle everything down and come to a happy place where I don't have a huge stash, don't have to think of what to use/rotate out, but still enjoy the process.
4 DE's (superspeed, Merkur 34C, Standard, Ikon x3) I like them all and usually rotate once a week. All give great shaves. I realize that since I have to shave daily I don't grow enough to necessarily need a very aggressive "mow em down" type razor.
1 shavette
5 brushes (use two synthetics and a boar for travel)
too many soaps.
I want to try some of the more expensive offerings (MdC, Nuavia) and if they are that much better than what I'm currently using (stirling or proraso) then I may just call it a day and replace as needed.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I use 2 razors sometimes because I can't put one away, I just have to use that one but I try to rotate after a few days I'm able to put it away

Absolutely! I`ve got my shave down to a science where I can literally shave near blind folded due to using the same set up pretty well over one year.

These days I switch between the SS Blue Tip and the Schick Adjustable Injector.
The Rubie and the Popular and the Schick L1 are all boxed up. This doesn't count the latest 10 Ebay acquisitions... 2 of which are already in the St. Sue Auction. The others will likely become PIF fodder except for the boxed OC with Blade Bank. That may go to the auction as well after I clean it and try it out just for fun.
I have 5 brushes of which 3 are PIF fodder since they are Boar and not good for me.
But I also have about 25 soaps and creams which I do like to rotate...
So I guess I'm in the "Ain't Broke" category.

alishock

I wrap my lips around a lovely pipe
I find I get obsessed with using things up. So I just hammer one product once it gets below a certain level. That said I only have one brush and one razor

i started with one of each; however, after getting into B&B i picked up a few additions, trying to find the ideal combination. so, now, i have about 6 different combinations and just put them in a rotation, as i like so many of them.

there's always a plan B.

I tend to swap about as i see fit, no rhyme or reason but I only have 5 razors a parker 97r and four techs, 2 brushes a badger and a synth, 2 soaps and couple of creams and a lump of alum

For me shaving is simply a daily routine and I (kinda) like routine so I tend to use the same combo. In the morning, I like the idea of not having to adjust things due to changing things up (brush, soap, or razor).

I've hit on a routine I stick to it. Once in a while I yearn a change and swap brushes or soap or razor but after about 3 or 4 days could not be bothered and revert back to the same shave combo -
ATT Razor
MDC
Plisson brush
Polsilver or GSB or Astra or Wilkinson Sword.

Thinking about it, razor blades are the only thing I change weekly ( 'coz I got too many in stash!).

I have been using my Mekur 34C for almost the past year. It was my first razor, go figure. I have tried others. New, Fatip, Fatboy, etc. but always came back to the 34C for the best all around smooth shave for me. I now only have 2 razors, the other is a ball end tech that I pull out for my birthday and use it as a travel razor. For brushes I usually go with a Omega Pro 49 as my go to but have two others. Soaps I have been working through some Cella but when it's gone I am happy with VDH Luxury and Arko. Blades, I have some favorites but can use just about anything. Some of us are right with you, find something you like and stick with it. It's all good if you are enjoying your shaves. Shave easy, be happy.

I like diversity, but as far as razors go, I never saw any point in using anything else than the razor that gives the best shaves. So, for me, Merkur Futur is pretty much the only constant on all my shaves. Everything else is more objective. I get rid of the soaps that don't deliver top-notch performance, so it's mostly about what scent I want to have on my face. With blades, it's mostly random. I have my favorites, but I can use pretty much anything.

Yes, though I keep my other stuff to a minimum. I like consistency. I'm thinking of using my other razor next year. Will probably use it for the year, and then switch back.:laugh:

I've been on this groove for many months and don't see much need to change:

OneBlade with Feather blade
Myrsol Emulsion pre-shave
Nancy Boy Signature Shave Cream
Myrsol Blue when hot weather
Myrsol Emulsion when cooler weather

I may change up a few things over time but this has become my "go to" set up.

Use my Gillette Fatboy with Gillette Silver Blue blades and original Barbasol every day for years. Works great for me. Keep it simple stupid (KISS)

Top Bottom