What's new

Do you ever feel guilty?

Not guilty in how many razors you have but guilty about the ones you haven't shaved with in a while. It's as if you've been neglecting them lol

No regrets and no guilt!

I've had razors that I just didn't like. So I PIFed, traded, or sold them. I've never liked any TTO I've tried whether it was classic gillettes or modern ones. I still use my very first DE razor that I bought 5 years ago as my daily shaver because it's great for me: Edwin Jagger DE86. I'm considering trying out different heads for it like the Muhle R41 or another open comb since they are interchangeable parts.

One of the reasons I never jumped into straights with the whipped dog sight unseen deal is that I'm reasonably certain I would get bored with stropping and honing it and no one will want to buy it from me. So it doesn't seem worth the investment to me anyway.

Not guilty in how many razors you have but guilty about the ones you haven't shaved with in a while. It's as if you've been neglecting them lol
I get rid of razors I don't use, I figure let someone else enjoy them and make room for something new.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have two grandsons, they can choose what they like. Then they can start on the brushes, soaps, aftershaves, etc. hahaha.

No, but it's nice to recognize "oh, I used to like this one but haven't shaved with it for quite a long time", and give it a spin again. And it's also nice to chose amongst many razors without the slightest problem to not repeat for a long time if I don't want to. And yet, I currently put up a little challenge for myself, to use all my razors in a row.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Nope. But I am going through them all trying to use every one at least once.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I don't feel guilty, but my razors take great offense. One of my DE razors was so jealous, it pulled a straight razor on me!

Fortunately, it was honed by a famous honemeister, so I had no fear of getting cut.

I don't feel guilty for neglecting them. I do feel a little bit guilty for hanging on to a few that I know I don't like quite as well as my others. I keep telling myself that I'm hanging onto them to pass on to my son (10 - 12 years from now when he's shaving with a real razor). Seems like he ended up with his mom's SUPER sensitive skin, rather than my sensitive skin, so he might need something a little milder than I like to use.

I get stuck on brushes and razors both. I've got about 6 or 7 of each that I keep returning to. Every now and then I'll pull one from the rack of shame and give it another go around. Sometimes I've been pleasantly surprised.

I felt a little guilty when I auctioned off my 1980s Ukranian made Severodonetsk-1 Adjustable on eBay and made a small profit...........
I was still getting some good shaves from it, but the TTO and adjustment were a little "clunky" and made an annoying squeaking noise.
However, my listing was accurate and honest, and besides, the words "Strictly Sold As Seen" cover a multitude of sins.
And the buyer was happy with his purchase.
I felt a little guilty selling my most prized vintage razor, but as the clunking and squeaking made me fear the worst, and I was (to the best of my knowledge) the only B&B member who owned a Severodonetsk-1, if the razor had given up the ghost and fallen apart on me, I'd have felt as sick as a pig - I sold it in good condition with a clear conscience, so it's longevity was (and hopefully will be for years to come) the responsibility of it's new owner.

On the other hand, when I bought my Mingshi 2000S Adjustable in April, I was smitten and to this day I haven't shaved with anything else since.
I felt no remorse whatsoever when I auctioned off my 1980s Wizamet W-11 and 1990s Ideal Adjustables on eBay, and also made a profit - performance wise, they paled by comparison to the Mingshi 2000S and were rendered obsolete.

As for my Micro Touch One, Weishi 9306CEL, Rapira Platinum Lux "Tech-clone", Acevivi Dual-Comb and Windrose SP-4 and D-9 Chunky handles on Generic Merkur-style heads.........................

They're currently gathering dust, but I'm sure I'll be alternating between them and the 2000S Adjustable - when the novelty of the 2000S has finally worn off

But on the other hand, maybe I'll auction them off as a job lot instead and just stick to the Mingshi 2000S...............

Unless I see a Merkur Futur at a crazy low price on eBay

An occasional purge helps. I have a few I don't use regularly that I hold onto for purely sentimental reasons.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I just remember how much money I've been saving de shaving,.... And the guilt fades away. Ha ha

Top Bottom