What's new

Do we really need to stretch blade life?

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Depending on the blade, 2 or three shaves max. I'm pretty cheap, but have had a few bad shaves by trying to extend the life of a blade, but a bad shave isn't worth saving a nickel. As always, YMMV

What I find interesting is all the time and effort many of you place into, what is for me, simply part of my daily grooming. There are charts, graphs, examination under electron microscopes, and arguments all over how many shaves one can get out of a blade. If you like shaving with a Merkur blade for one hundred shaves, fine. If you want to use a new Feather for each stroke, fine. If you want to knap a piece of obsidian or flint and really go traditional, fine. For me, I rotate razors and blades once a week, usually on Sundays. That is a system which works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your right about the "fine" part, and as far as the time, effort, charts and so on...because it's a hobby of sorts to those that frequent these types of boards. When I was shaving with canned foam and a multiblade razor and it was just "get it done" thing I doubt that I would have even searched for forums about shaving.

Top Bottom