What's new

DIY Shave Sticks

So, I have recently discovered shave sticks. And I love the concept - the ease of use, practicality and fun of using them to build the lather, from scratch on your face. LaToja is my favorite from the ones I have tried - I love just unscented or plain 'soapy' scented soaps.

That being said - my favorite shave soap is MWF. How would one go about turning a puck of that, into a shave stick? Has anyone attempted that. I see Maggards sells the plastic tubes - is it possible to get MWF into those.

Cheers!

you can grate it into tiny bits with a cheese grater and squish them into a stick container, but it's really not necessary. Hard refill pucks like MWF, Tabac, Williams.....can just be used as is.....remember it's just soap,- wet the puck, wet your face, and rub it around your skin, no need to over complicate it. Let it dry on a paper towel afterwards and put it back in the box.

Shred it with a crank-type cheese grater and add a bit of water, until it's a thick paste with about the stiffness of Playdoh.
In this photo, it was grated Williams Mug with a bit of Brut AS. Stick with water though.
For the glue stick version below, it was 30 g water for a whole 55 g puck of Williams.
An empty deodorant stick works very nicely for a push-up container.
(By coincidence, the cheapest stick deodorant in Walmart happened to be a Williams Speed Stick.)

But I found I prefer a jumbo glue stick container.
Next time, I'll buy a glue stick with a label that can be peeled off. The LePages label is printed directly on the tube.

If you just want to try one or two, it's far cheaper to buy some no-name glue stick from a Dollar Store and discard the glue than to pay for shipping on only one or two push-up containers.

Top Bottom