What's new

DIY fail..how do you tighten this faucet?

This is a Moen faucet and the hot handle is a little loose. It is not dripping or leaking though. Anyway, I can't see anywhere to tighten the handle...Allen....Phillips...anything.

I might have to turn over my man card for a bit by asking but...help?

Thanks in advance.

proxy.php

Try tightening the escutcheon under the handle (twist clockwise), it may be one assembly. I haven't run across this particular Moen yet, but if there is a way to make something difficult, Moen will find it.

You've probably already looked, but allen screws may be hiding at the back of the handles. If not, maybe it's a "pull the handle straight up" kind that is held on by friction. For the life of me, I can't figure anything else that would be holding it. If neither of those, hopefully a plumber member here will be right along.

Ron

I was able to dig up that stuff also on the Moen website, along with actual installation instructions but I unfortunately wasn't able to decipher them.

I checked the escutcheon(assuming it's the plastic nut under the sink that tightens to the countertop) and it looks like when it was installed that when tightened it picked up some of the resin used to seal the sink to the counter, so it's not budging one bit. Even if I did manage to get it loose I don't even think I have the right wrench to tighten whatever is under there.

I appreciate the help though. I'll probably just call the management company on Monday. :huh:

jiggle the chingadera.

Just kidding....one of my sinks has been out of commission for two weeks after my last DIY attempt to repair a drip.

What a horrid design! Try pulling straight up, it looks like the handle is held with an O-ring to the stem. Don't pull too hard though, I'm a plumber and that schematic isn't making a whole lot of sense.
Try unscrewing the escuteon(the bell shaped piece just under the handle), it appears to thread onto the cartridge housing,holding the handle assembly. That should give you access to the screw to tighten the handle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom