What's new

Diving into the Mystic Water

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Just in for spring...
287DA95A-19C1-49AF-A3D1-01119AF2D030.jpeg

Michelle is a local artisan, so I’ve been looking forward to trying Mystic Water soap for a while. I finally found an excuse for needing a new soap with St. Patrick’s Day approaching. Ordering from her website was super easy, and I really appreciate the reduced shipping if you only order one puck.

Time to get down to bid-ness. The puck fits perfectly in my favorite mug.
D0419AFF-14F5-4DFA-9283-AE0F4A072E58.jpeg

Beautiful thick creamy lather with my Rudy Vey Shavemac 2-band. It was equally good with my Omega Proraso Pro boar. I know MW has a reputation as a finicky latherer, but I had no trouble at all. Maybe it’s specially formulated for the swamp water here in the DC area; I don’t know.
15CB6319-C295-4F4E-B017-402EAA0A2170.jpeg

Excellent performance while shaving. I couldn’t be happier. The scent is fantastic! It’s green and springy and Irishy and everything else you expect from a GIT-inspired scent. I’ve never smelled real GIT, so I couldn’t tell you how “authentic” it smells. It just smells great. Irish Traveler will be a go-to this spring and summer. My only complaint is that MW doesn’t sell a matching AS. But we’re not exactly short of GIT-clone AS’s, are we? I’m sure I’ll manage. So what are your thoughts? Any other Mystic Water fans in the house?

I love MW soaps, and they do really well even though I have hard water. I recently got the sweet briar, and leather and smoke. I have a few more of their scents. Their price are really good too.

I'm about 90% of the way through my Adirondack Jack and when it's done. I'll be ordering up another shave soap.

Performs well and a great post shave feel and look.

Mystic Water soaps are the best IMO. I use about half as much product with MW than other soaps and get the same results. Their soaps are great. If I had to settle on just one soap, it would probably be MW.

They are great soaps. The Oatmeal Stout has the most amazing smell.

i do think they should do something to up the presentation. A logo or design of some sort. It does make a difference to many people.

Great review thanks! I just ordered a sampler of Almond Vanilla, Barbershop, and Sweet Briar. For $8, I said what the heck! Maybe I'll find more greatness to add to my rotation.

I love MW soaps, and they do really well even though I have hard water. I recently got the sweet briar, and leather and smoke. I have a few more of their scents. Their price are really good too.

I recently got a sample of sweet briar and loved it. Maybe I'll get a full puck soon.

I'm a big fan of MW soap!

They lather up great and I agree with shave/brush that it takes much less product compared to most other artisan soaps.

Their scents are wonderful and never irritate my skin.

A truly top notch product!

Can anyone comment about the scent strength for her soaps? There are so many scents with descriptions that sound great, but I like the stronger scents. Had like 8 shaving sticks in my cart before I realized how foolish it would be to actually order that many at one time. :001_302:

Murphy and McNeil and Mystic Water are my two favorite soaps. To me MW soaps are top notch in performance, and Michelle really knows how blend great fragrances. Compared to other soaps' scent strength, I would put MW in the upper tier. Of the 13 I have tried, Frankincense and Myrrh may be the strongest. My favorite scents are Adirondack Jack, Poggio dei Pini, Egyptian Dragon and her Bay Rum, which is without clove...and I have disliked none.

Hey John! Nice review...try the Marakesh...I don’t know how she did it, but she nailed the exact scent of the desert after a downpour! It’s rrally something!

Vr

Matt

Murphy and McNeil and Mystic Water are my two favorite soaps. To me MW soaps are top notch in performance, and Michelle really knows how blend great fragrances. Compared to other soaps' scent strength, I would put MW in the upper tier. Of the 13 I have tried, Frankincense and Myrrh may be the strongest. My favorite scents are Adirondack Jack, Poggio dei Pini, Egyptian Dragon and her Bay Rum, which is without clove...and I have disliked none.

I agree.
The scents are blended so well and I haven't had any that I have disliked and a big plus for me is that I've never reacted to any of her soaps.

To put this into context, I run a rate of 1 out of 5 artisan soaps that irritate my skin.

I finally pulled the trigger and bought Ginger cranberry pear from MW. Been eyeing it for a year, but kept delaying. I have the Sandalwood coconut, which is awesome.

Same quality soap, great protection and glide, with an awesome post shave feel. Too notch in my books. Some have historically mentioned issues with lathering, of which I have had no issues.

The scent.. yikes. Ok, so it's billed as ginger cranberry pear. The tub comes with a label "ginger pear". The soap, however, should have been labeled cranberry pear. I get zero or nearly zero ginger "spice". It's a very fruity soap. I had expected the sugary / perfume-ish scent to be cut by a spicy ginger. This is not the case. Certainly not a fall / holiday scent in my book.

Ooh well. I think I might enjoy it a bit in the spring. We shall see.

I have their lavender scent and their Bergamot, Juniper, Cedar soap too. I love the lavender, very herbal and nice floral undertones that aren't too sweet. The Juniper scent is a lighter scent. More clean, than anything. All good soaps that work in hard water and make my face feel good afterwards, too!

I've been using MW Brown Windsor shave stick quite a bit. I will say that while it works great at home with my soft water, I did have lather issues the two times I shaved while in my Las Vegas hotel. Maybe the soap is more finicky in harder water, even though some have mentioned no issues with theirs. A great mystery...

Top Bottom