What's new

Disposable shavette made the shave bleeding of the day

💈SOTD💈🧛
DISPOSABLE Shavete/Ustra
PINK WOOLF BOAR
Vi John Tropical Lime
ALUM BLOCK+SUTHOL GEL+NIVEA AS
I had thoughts of using a disposable as if my precious shavette would be left out i wouldn't have to scavenge the stores for a good travelling razor apart from the guard.

For me Disposable shavettes are and will always be horrible compared to the previous experience of using gentleman shavette which was by far very smooth with minor nicks.

While carefully gliding down it took quite an effort to for a weeks growth of slow beard growth.

A disposable turned my beautiful calm day to a horrible sunday.It was tugging a lot i thought its my technique till i got 2 bleeders.

Blood started to spill alum block to the rescue.
blood still oozing out slowly applied pressure on both wounds.

Suthol gel to rescue eased the sensation of the alum block.

Washed the block in hot water
Next applied betadine gel on the wounds bleeding stopped.

One near the nostril while clearing the moustache other below the lower lip while clearing the soul patch
I feel had the blade were smooth it would wouldn't have to go so deep.

Hope the skin heals well without scarring the area.

The prisoner boar has started to give out lather after soaking him well beyond 15mins in normal water and some breakin of 5-6 times.

I feel the brush could break down within 4-5 more uses.
Vijohn does lather well in normal water temperature.

Happy Sunday everyone

Is the blade tugging in a shavette due to the paper light weight or its the blade at fault.

Dunno what went wro wrong but i have never slashed my face so bad with many nicks and 2 bleeders

Attachments

• IMG_20210627_100156.jpg
    IMG_20210627_100156.jpg
    9.2 MB · Views: 39
Could be wrong, but I think those things are intended only to be used for removing tiny, whispy, almost invisible hairs from the faces of young women.
Not surprising it would have trouble handling four days of stubble on a grown man. Wrong tool for the job, in my opinion.

Could be wrong, but I think those things are intended only to be used for removing tiny, whispy, almost invisible hairs from the faces of young women.
Not surprising it would have trouble handling four days of stubble on a grown man. Wrong tool for the job, in my opinion.

I too had thoughts but the barbers were using these during the lockdown shave so the eager me tried it plus i always wanted to use a disposable one

I too had thoughts but the barbers were using these during the lockdown shave so the eager me tried it plus i always wanted to use a disposable one

Using light, disposable shavettes for shaving beards? I can imagine these are ok for shaving the back of your neck and sideburns etc, but I cringe at thinking about using something like that to shave my beard.

Using light, disposable shavettes for shaving beards? I can imagine these are ok for shaving the back of your neck and sideburns etc, but I cringe at thinking about using something like that to shave my beard.
No idea on shaping but barbers used to this for shaving as well.
Anyhow learnt to use it

No idea on shaping but barbers used to this for shaving as well.
Anyhow learnt to use it

I've never seen a barber use a lightweight disposable for shaving, where did you see it done? I can imagine those who use it can do it because they place the blade on the skin and slice at a perfect angle. That's really hard to do on your own face and a very advanced technique to boot. Not something for a beginner.

I've used these Kai disposables for year's when I traveled. I always got a great shave from them. Haven't traveled in a while, but I highly recommend them. They sell them at Fendrihan.

967008F8-ED61-4F45-83AC-36AA892C129A.jpeg

Top Bottom