What's new

Different Way to Lather Creams

TraderJoe said:
Well every other pictorial or lathering video I've seen has done it different.

That may be... like I said, it is what I usually do, so I didn't think of it as being different... and I think that I've heard some of the "old-hands" (Scotto, perhaps?) here recommend it to greenhorns as a means by which to become familiar with the "correct" amount of cream to use (i.e., you can see how much cream you have in the bottom of the bowl much more easily than you can see how much is in your brush).

Sue (Mama Bear) wrote:
I have read that the Tom's of Maine is actually one of the better creams to be using on your face, less nasty ingredients I guess.... so, I would love to see how that one lathers.... if you'll do it for a girl...lol

Now don't you go getting anxious, Sue. The fact is that Mama Bear's products are hard to beat. We love them and we love you! :thumbup1:

Mama Bear said:
I have read that the Tom's of Maine is actually one of the better creams to be using on your face, less nasty ingredients I guess.... so, I would love to see how that one lathers.... if you'll do it for a girl...lol :thumbup1:

here you go Sue:

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
TraderJoe said:
Thanks to everyone for the replies, and the encouragement!

I used the Speick cream today, with somewhat less cream, and still gobs of lather were produced.

I've been thinking of posting some more pics in this thread... lathering in this manner, with a different cream. These are the creams I have (other than Musgo):

Any preference as far as what you'd like to see?
Tom's of Maine Peppermint
OLIVIA (several scents)
ARKO
Speick
SCS Sample

Brush preference?

These are brushes I have:

Omega Boar
SR 3124 Silvertip
SR 104
C&E Super Badger (the big one)

I'd really like to see you lather up Speick with the silvertip. Please? :crying:

I've been having trouble over the last day or so with later. This really helped a lot. I recently bought a Best Badger from C&E, so I'm trying to figure out some of the nuiances as opposed to Omega Boar I was using.

I was mainly having trouble making a good lather with Taylors Almond. When I first got it, I made up a batch just to try it out. Seemed to work fine. The next morning though, I couldnt get a decent lather to save my life. Sure I got tons of foam, but when I rubbed it beteween my fingers, it wasnt very lubricating. I tried some more later that night, when I didnt have to worry about getting to work on time etc.

I was still having troubles, even after 3 or so tries. What I was mainly doing is shaking my brush out good and hard, then gradually adding water until I got to a good balance. The problem is, I never got that balance.

I stumbled across this thread and tried it out, and it worked much better. I didnt get it perfect, but much better results:cool:

Edcculus said:
I've been having trouble over the last day or so with later. This really helped a lot. I recently bought a Best Badger from C&E, so I'm trying to figure out some of the nuiances as opposed to Omega Boar I was using.

I was mainly having trouble making a good lather with Taylors Almond. When I first got it, I made up a batch just to try it out. Seemed to work fine. The next morning though, I couldnt get a decent lather to save my life. Sure I got tons of foam, but when I rubbed it beteween my fingers, it wasnt very lubricating. I tried some more later that night, when I didnt have to worry about getting to work on time etc.

I was still having troubles, even after 3 or so tries. What I was mainly doing is shaking my brush out good and hard, then gradually adding water until I got to a good balance. The problem is, I never got that balance.

I stumbled across this thread and tried it out, and it worked much better. I didnt get it perfect, but much better results:cool:

Hey Ed, glad that it helped. Mission accomplished! :biggrin:

htownmmm said:
My choices!

Marty

SCS Fairway & C&E Super (big one)

Viola:

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

I wasn't able to get this as "thick" as some other creams, but....it is rather slick!

Girlfriend appeared while I was making this one and commented: "Wow, that smells good!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Sue (Mama Bear) wrote:

Now don't you go getting anxious, Sue. The fact is that Mama Bear's products are hard to beat. We love them and we love you! :thumbup1:

Oh. That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard..... getting all misty here.....

Thank you and I love you toooooo!!! :001_wub: :001_wub:

Top Bottom