What's new

Difference between AOS cream and soap?

Wondering what the difference is between the cream and the soap, specifically in the sandalwood?

I picked up a travel size Sandalwood Cream while on vacation a couple of months ago. My wife absolutely loves the scent, and I like it too. She also likes the fact that the scent seems to linger for quite a while. I am normally more of a soap guy, so am wondering how the soap compares to the cream. Does it smell the same and is it just as strong? Is it slicker? Any other differences?

Thanks!

I don't have the cream any more, but I don't think I liked it as much as the soap. There has been plenty of discussion about soaps v. creams...both work great for me, and I doubt I could tell the difference in a blind test. But if you polled the gentlemen who have experimented the most, and are the most well-respected on the forum, soaps would win by a long shot. Plus, the soap is cheaper. So there you go. :biggrin1:

Thank you Vlad. Was the scent the same between the soap and the cream? And, was the strength of the scent about the same?

Thanks!

OldSaw

The wife's investment
The cream will have a more prominent scent and the soap will last much longer. Those are the two biggest differences.

I find the soap vastly out performs the cream. I'll never buy the cream again but the soap I'll certainly buy again once I finish my puck.

I havent used the sandalwood. But I find the scent in the cream vs the soap in the Lavender vastly different. The soap has a strong clay smell to it while the cream just smells Lavenderish. I would assume the sandalwood would have the same thing goin for it.

Don't remember trying the cream, but their soap is just about the best performing shaving soap still in production. Can't say I'm thrilled with the scent, though I'm not too particular there unless there's something chemical about it. Clay is a good description. It's frank in the unscented, which I don't mind at all. Lemon is my favorite of them. I haven't really liked any lavender scent besides Atkinson's English Lavender cologne and real flowers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom