What's new

Difference between a Gold Slim and Adj. Aristocrat?

I didn't want to intrude on Tzar thread about his newest purchase....I am wondering what the difference is between a gold Slim and an adjustable aristocrat? 1960's i'm guessing from the thread posts.

Thanks!!

cc

I didn't want to intrude on Tzar thread about his newest purchase....I am wondering what the difference is between a gold Slim and an adjustable aristocrat? 1960's i'm guessing from the thread posts.

Thanks!!

cc

the slims didn't come in gold...other than the plating color there's not really any difference between a normal slim and gold aristocrat.

Last edited:
as far as I know - there was no "gold slim" - only an adjustable Aristocrat.

(a "gold fatboy" was an Executive.)

but I could be... wrong.

Thanks!!

cc

All gold Slim Adjustable are called Aristocrat Adjustable over the whole time 1961-1968

What is a gold super slim adjustable called? Got a minty one for $19 a short while ago:001_wub: (no box though)

As always, thanks guys! I took a look at the Krumholz book...WOW $70? I think I'll post a WTB! Any advice on where else to search for this book? Is it worth laying out $70?

cc

As always, thanks guys! I took a look at the Krumholz book...WOW $70? I think I'll post a WTB! Any advice on where else to search for this book? Is it worth laying out $70?

cc
Yes it's expensive. I bought mine from Amazon, used at the lowest used price. It looks like the cheaper ones are getting bought up. Is it worth it? To me it is.

Krumholz sells stuff on ebay and used to sell the book there too. Do a search on the book. You might find him.

Len

Thanks!!

cc

Actually, I was wondering that myself so thanks for asking :001_smile

It seems indeed a 60s Gillette Aristocrat is a Gillette Slim plated gold. That Aristocrat has multiple personalities across different decades.

Top Bottom