What's new

Differance in creams!

Do you find this, example, i can pick up palmolive cream here for very little cash, so i use it now and then and always think how good the stuff is, i ususally have 2 soaps and 2 creams in my shaving cabinet, so a few weeks ago used up my speick, and threw in a palmolive as i have not used this cream for quite a while. Well, i think i may have a bad batch, i needs loads to get a good lather, and its still thin and watery, totally different from all the tubes i have used in the past, any of you had this happen to you with creams?

I have 4 creams in my rotation and almost never buy anything else because I am so please with their performance day after day, year in and year out.

I think different creams can take different lather methods. I haven't used the Palmolive so I can't tell you about the water necessary for a good lather, but it could just be that it is less than you are used to with your other creams. I find TOBS and C.O. Bigelow much more forgiving than some of the other creams I have been trying out in terms of how much water they can take. I would try using less water next time and seeing if it lathers better.

Could be a bad batch, Eu Palmolive has a date on it IIRC. I had 3-4 tubes I got in a trade and they are about 8 monthes old and still work great, I am on my second tube now. Maybe it was just warm(guess) try refrigerating it for a day and see if that helps. I live were is very hot with no humidity so sometimes my creams get a little runny and thats what I do.

Jay

Could be a bad batch, Eu Palmolive has a date on it IIRC. I had 3-4 tubes I got in a trade and they are about 8 monthes old and still work great, I am on my second tube now. Maybe it was just warm(guess) try refrigerating it for a day and see if that helps. I live were is very hot with no humidity so sometimes my creams get a little runny and thats what I do.

Jay

Good idea, i will try that, it is very runny, not like the stuff i had before.

My first tube of Palmolive was a bit like that when I opened it; it did seem to get thicker as I worked down to the bottom of the tube. I can imagine that in some shops they might have been sat on the shelf for quite a while.

Top Bottom