What's new

‘Desert Island’ scent

I was going through some of my soaps earlier in the week, and musing over how some grow on you, ones that perhaps when you first purchased you were unsure of, but that have really grown on you over time.

A couple of those that ‘if I could only take one with me to a desert island’ would be in the discussion are Moon Soaps Havana, B&M Nordost and Stirling Baker Street.

What are your all time favourite scents?

I really enjoy the Clubman Whiskey Woods, Cella Red, and Captain's Choice Bay Rum. Love all of these.

Fatip_99.JPG

ATT G1 LaToja.JPG

ATT_B&B.JPG

I was going through some of my soaps earlier in the week, and musing over how some grow on you, ones that perhaps when you first purchased you were unsure of, but that have really grown on you over time.

A couple of those that ‘if I could only take one with me to a desert island’ would be in the discussion are Moon Soaps Havana, B&M Nordost and Stirling Baker Street.

What are your all time favourite scents?
I have all three of the soaps you mention. Of these Baker Street is far and away the best. I like Nordost but it smells a bit artificial to me. I like other orange scents better--Mike's Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper is an absolute classic for orange scents--all essential oil. Moon Soaps Havana presents the biggest dilemma. The scent is almost nondescript to my nose. After reading your post I may have to give it another go. As far as tobacco scents go, the best scent I have experienced, hands down, is Los Jabones de Joserra Rodrigo de Jerez, named after the Christopher Columbus crew member who introduced tobacco to Europe. It is more of a tobacco leaf scent, however.

Last edited:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I would take PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum...that or Chiseled Face Bay Rum...or maybe Zingari Man The Wanderer...or maybe Goodfellas' Smile Abysso. Ok...I'm done.

Last edited:
I don't have much criteria for soap scent. Unless it's really quite offensive, performance is the main concern, especially since I now converting over to one pass shaving. But I love the smell Taylor of Old Bond St. Sandalwood maybe the best, and the performance too.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
For a 'Desert Island' scent? I'd go either unscented (MdC Nature) or something fairly neutral (Musgo Real Classic, MWF, Haslinger Schafmilch, Ach.Brito Mogno). Something like that. :cool:

My preference is to control my scent with an AS or Cologne/EdT. :)

LNHC Barbershop would probably be my No.1 choice.

But I could be happy with Proraso Green as well. That Eucyliptilus seems to open up my sence of smell and instantly put me in a good mood.

Same can be said for Sudsy Soapery Lavender and Peppermint. Instantly more awake from the mint and ready to have a good day from the Lavender.

CBL Insurgint has a soapy Obsession cologne scent going on that I like a lot too.

Could mention a couple others. But those are my top 4 for now.

Last edited:
Castle Forbes 1445 would be right up there for me. Smells great from the first whiff and never gets old.

Top Bottom