What's new

Derby vs Personna Blue

I saw there was thread for Derby vs Personna Reds but I don't think I see one comparing Derby's vs the Personna's sold in the USA at Walmart, Sally's, etc. I was planning on shopping local or online for blades for my first DE razor and these were two of the brands I was considering.

I would go with a sampler from any of the vendors here. Garry's Sample Shop is a great source for a starter kit!
http://sampleshop.blogspot.com/

A few people have had good luck with the store bought blades, but the deals you can find online are pretty tough to pass up. While 10 blades at walgreens might cost $5 or so, you can get 100 Personna Lab Blues for about $15!

But if your local Walmart sells the MicroTouch One or the VDH wet shaving kit, they're also great ways to get started. Either way, good luck!

i like the derbys although,they can be a rougher shave in certain razors.they seem to me to be an acquired taste sometimes.i also like the astras,and personas.ymmv

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
If you're talking Labs I find them very different from Derbys. I find a Derby blade quite dull, while the Labs are quite sharp and have excellent longevity. Samples are always a good idea.

I recommend trying www.tryablade.com, you can order just a couple of a TON of different blades. Reasonable shipping and quick turnaround, too!

+1

You can get blades there like Derby, Personna Blue, Astra SP & others really cheap. I just ordered 10 Astra SP from them for $1.50 & got some others that I wanted to check out. Only other way to got is if you already have blades to trade some on the Great Blade Exchange.
Personally....I would skip the Derby, since I didn't like them when I tried them. It's a 50/50 blade with the guys here...some like them, other loathe them.

I have extra Derby's if you would like I can send you a pack of 5 blades just pm me you address. I am a newbie so I started with the derby's, now using Astras and I have more to try. I have several other brands if you wouldl ike I can send you a pack of each. If I can help someone out a little bit after all of the help I have gotten here so far its worth it.

I would skip both Derby and store-branded Personna. Try a sample pack with top brands. Once you dial in on a favorite blade go for 100-count packs... Astra SP for $11, Personna "Labs" for $13.

I just bought another 200 Derby blades. I have about 70-80 Personna blades. I get good results from either if I change them every 3-4 days. I used to try to get a week of work out of a blade, but it was my face that paid the price. Changing 2 times a week (Sat & Tues) still works out to about $10/year.

i cant mess with derby persona labs r my second fav so far but everybody is diff as far as blades are concerned get a sampler n enjoy the journey

Top Bottom