What's new

Deodorant / Antiperspirant for Sensitive and Irritated pits???

Try Mitchum ....there is an extra strength or something of the sort just cant remember exactly....anyways comes in a box, read the info correctly on the box btw....the one you want is a solid, not soft solid...it has vitamin E listed directly in the labeling and has to be the best i have ever used...no irritation and works for 48hrs as listen.

For the OP - if you still have the problem, I've had that before and it's no fun. I use Degree now in the stick form. I find that it doesn't irritate like many others.

Dove for men Deo (Not antiperspirant) works well for me. I’ve tried some of the natural ones but the baking soda seems to irritate my underarms as well.

While i do not have this to the degree you seem to have. I had a similar issue with spray's the last time I used them. For me Nivea sensitive works well as well as The body shop maca root stick. 2nd one smells better imo.

Best performing deo for me is "Men's Science". It is unscented and doesn't stain shirts or undershirts. Second is "Native" then "Ursa Major Hoppin'" and lastly, Sam's Naturals, but that will stain your clothes and while it works great, I am pretty sure they scrub their site of any review that isn't at least 4 stars and doesn't say anything that isn't glowingly positive...

I had the same problem-- all deodorants and antiperspirants burned and inflamed my armpits. About five years ago I started the following routine: I apply pure Witch Hazel with a small squirt bottle and then apply the Crystal rock. No burn, no sting, and no smell. I walk to work, build up a sweat and still no problems. Lasts all day.

I’ve had good results with the witch hazel and crystal rock combo this week. I’ve been reapplying around lunchtime, but still, no hint of unpleasant odour!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Sensitive pits here can’t use antiperspirants, but found arm and hammer essentials with natural deodorizer. Speed stick deodorant works most of the time for me, but when irritation occurs I reach for the arm and hammer. It Used to be labeled “natural”’but they were forced to change the name, as apparently someone had too much time on their hands and questioned the label. It’s inexpensive and readily available at retail and grocery stores. Comes in fresh scent and unscented.

I stay away from Antiperspirant's because they all have Aluminum in them and the Lymph glands are close by.
Deodorant's only. At the moment Dove seems to be less irritating than others. I used Brut for the last while (couple years) but it started to leave irritation as well.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have used Nivea for quite some time now and in my earlier post I mentioned to give Nivea a try. I can now add Rexona Men Sensitive to the mix. I have just tried Rexona Men Sensitive for a few weeks. I tried one can to see if it would cause me any irritation and it didn't. So now I have something else to use to keep the pong at bay.

I'm going through my first batch of home made deodorant.

1/4 coconut
1/4 baking soda
1/4 corn starch.

Over a low heat melt and mix the ingredients. When it cools a bit pour it in an empty deodorant container. You can get new unfilled on Amazon.

It's a bit tricky on the application but seems to be working pretty well.

I have used Nivea for quite some time now and in my earlier post I mentioned to give Nivea a try. I can now add Rexona Men Sensitive to the mix. I have just tried Rexona Men Sensitive for a few weeks. I tried one can to see if it would cause me any irritation and it didn't. So now I have something else to use to keep the pong at bay.
interesting

I recommend Razorock's The Best Deodorant on Earth. I used it and it works very well.

Burned my armpits terribly. Joe said I hadn’t mixed it enough, but I definitely had. Works well at preventing odours but at too high a price for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Burned my armpits terribly. Joe said I hadn’t mixed it enough, but I definitely had. Works well at preventing odors but at too high a price for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I sorry for the issue you had but I would look into making your own with no essential oils. You may need to wear nothing for a period of time or look into hunting scent control products. I know many don't even think about this. Hunting utilize some of the best scent control systems since they have to neutralize the scent at the most extreme level most of the time they use activated charcoal and other products.

I was a fat bastard for a period of time. Still a fat bastard but not as fat. When your really fat smell control is really important since you have skin in all the wrong places with sweat and such. You research. Also, I got burned as well with antiperspirants like a chemical burn.

Key things to look for
Activated charcoal
Baking soda
Honey
Witch hazel
Arrowroot powder

Last edited:
Top Bottom