What's new

Declaration Grooming Trismegistus arrived...WOW!

Got my Trismegistus soap and aftershave today and just finished my first shave. The only question that have now is: What the hell am I going to do with all my other soaps now? Seriously and without exaggeration, this stuff is in a completely different universe from everything else I’ve used. The quality of the lather has s completely different from anything else. It has an insane creamy quality. The cushion, glide, and residual slickness are all off the charts good. Below is leftover from a bowl lather after 2 passes:
25453BAB-2676-4CA3-B4ED-A9A49AD42F7C.jpeg

This is a VERY soft soap. In fact, I could be called a cream. I easily scooped out an almond sized amount with my fingertip and spread it into my bowl.

81DE89CB-EBAB-45BF-B3E9-1F936CD9BE14.jpeg
D3ECA9B9-68E8-4CF1-91E1-85FA11542A3E.jpeg

As others have stated, this is a very thirsty soap. Lathering took about 2 minutes addding water regularly. Post shave feel is wonderful, my skin feels soft and hydrated. The aftershave is balanced between witch hazel and alcohol, zero burn with a pleasant bit of menthol. Scent is very soft cologne with a bit too f citrus on top, not a citrus forward scent though. Kind of a muted orange and grapefruit over a cologne base. I cannot wait to try their other soaps. Absolutely my highest recommendation!!!

I just received this in my mailbox today. I was pleasantly surprised to see the soap is made in Michigan. However, I have to wait to try it out. This soap along with a new Schone razor and a Stirling Tuxedo knot brush (same as you, wow we have great taste) will be going in my stocking so my daughter thinks Santa brought me something this year :). I did open the tub and smell it and it smells wonderful.
I'll report back in a week!

Agreed Scott makes a fine soap.

Attachments

• BF7D3EEC-236E-4719-8532-D96F795B03E4.jpeg
    BF7D3EEC-236E-4719-8532-D96F795B03E4.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 111
  • ADC097D0-C72B-4E5A-A9A5-9BF907C98788.jpeg
    ADC097D0-C72B-4E5A-A9A5-9BF907C98788.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 113

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Agree 100%.
I love this flavor. Bought it on a whim based on the description.

I'm traveling and I have the email telling me that my newest purchase including after the fall is waiting for me.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Declaration Grooming is my number one soap. I describe it as ‘silky’. Such a luxurious shave, and peerless post-shave (for me, anyway). And the lather is like Rocky Balboa ... ‘it just keeps coming after you’ and explodes out of the brush. Keep adding water? No problem. It just keeps creating lather. It’s a really great product. I have Bandwagon and Southern Paradise (with a perfect touch of menthol). Now, I’m jones-ing for more offerings.

You guys are funny... It looks like slime! I'm sure it is delightfully pungent, spectacularly slick, with lusciously cloudy peaks...but at that level of moisture? It's more "sludge" than "yogurt". Wonderful, decadent sludge.

Thanks for the review, looking through the website now :)

I own 6(?) tubs of Declaration (formerly L&L) Grooming soaps. It’s clearly one of the best artisanal offerings on the market today. I have no doubt that I’ll be getting more in the future.

Didn’t find the Declaration base nearly as good as those currrently available from Grooming Department (vegan or tallow) or WhollyKaw (tallow/donkey milk.) Of course....ymmv...

IIRC, Trismegistus is a little softer than his other offerings and has extra fragrance. Great stuff.

If you can find some of the old base that didn't have bison tallow, it's fantastic as well.

You've found one of my tier 1 soaps. The Declaration soaps are exceptionally slick and protective. Where they fall short in comparison to my other tier 1 soaps is in post shave. Grooming Dept, Tallow & Steel, and Wholly Kaw (Donkey Milk) soaps are better in this area with the Grooming Dept beef tallow soaps being even slicker than the Declaration soaps if you can believe that. Some other really great soaps are Sudsy Soapery, PannaCrema (Nuavia and Pure2O) and Barrister & Mann (Reserve Line). These six are the only soaps to hit my top tier from the 600 plus I've tried. Do give some of these a try if you haven't already done so.

You've found one of my tier 1 soaps. The Declaration soaps are exceptionally slick and protective. Where they fall short in comparison to my other tier 1 soaps is in post shave. Grooming Dept, Tallow & Steel, and Wholly Kaw (Donkey Milk) soaps are better in this area with the Grooming Dept beef tallow soaps being even slicker than the Declaration soaps if you can believe that. Some other really great soaps are Sudsy Soapery, PannaCrema (Nuavia and Pure2O) and Barrister & Mann (Reserve Line). These six are the only soaps to hit my top tier from the 600 plus I've tried. Do give some of these a try if you haven't already done so.
Is the unscented grooming dept in the same tier?

All of Mohammad's formulas are tier one soaps. So, I'd say yes it's a tier one soap and likely the very best unscented soap available.

@dfoulk He has two unscented versions....vegan and tallow. I assume you are talking here about his Tallow Unscented. That said...his vegan scented are outstanding..

Top Bottom