What's new

DE razor in Tesco!

Mark on his Friendship Shaving YouTube channel has done a review on the razor
Worth a look

Brushes, too, are available from Wilkinson Sword. I stumbled upon this at an Iper in Italy (side note: I still get giddy at being able to buy Proraso here for a coupla Euros!). Made in Germany. Genuine bristles - that's helpful. Not a word of from what, but with the incredible backbone, I am guessing Stegosaurus... I will try it tomorrow. Can't go too far wrong for about $5!

Attachments

• IMG_20181101_221152.jpg
    IMG_20181101_221152.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 19
The wife dragged me around the shops today. Holland & Barrett and Tescos are both now stocking some of the Blue Beards Revenge range including razors (DE and Straight), brushes, shave cream and post shave balm

The wife dragged me around the shops today. Holland & Barrett and Tescos are both now stocking some of the Blue Beards Revenge range including razors (DE and Straight), brushes, shave cream and post shave balm

Interesting

Whereabouts was this as I've has no luck finding the Bluebeards products in either retailer near me?

Belfast at the Knocknagonney store.

Hmm, hoping they roll that out to stores in England also. Looked in two large branches today and, while they both had the new Wilkinson Sword TTO DE, neither had the other stuff as of yet

Fingers crossed...

Today I spontaneously bought the new Wilkinson Classic in a German dm drugstore. I couldn't get the razor alone, but in a "Premium Collection" set together with a brush, a soap and 5 Wilkinson blades for €15.
The razor itself is very well made, even if it's from China or whatever. Seems to be full metal, no Zamak. The knurling and plating is nicely done and the TTO mechanism works fine.
The first shave was okay, but not as close as my Mühle R89. Maybe that's because I used the included Wilkinson blades and soap (the one in the blue bowl) which is crap in my opinion. I think I'll throw the soap away and keep the brush.
Next shave will be with Tabac Original and some of my favorite blades.

P.S. I should add that I have been using a shavette for years and have lost all interest in safety razors ever since, but I am glad to see that Wilkinson offers a good DE razor at a reasonable price, even if it is no longer produced in the US

Last edited:
Just spotted today that this Wilkinson Sword DE razor has appeared on sale in Sainsbury's also
I wonder if it will make an appearance in any of the Tescos in the south of Ireland. My local Tesco and the mega Tesco in the next town used to sell their own brand DE blades (Israeli Persona) and Palmolive cream but I haven't seen either of those products for sale there in a long time

Top Bottom