What's new

DE Blade Alignment

I noticed an alignment issue the first time I loaded my Merkur and I am a rookie at this! After reading a few selections here I learned that by loosening the head just a little and holding the fins on the sides of the blade that protrude from the side of the shaving head while retightening completely solves the issue in an instant. since I loosen and rinse at the end of every shave its ready to go on my next shave.

On my Parker 87R, there is uneven blade gap that cannot be corrected as well as alignment issues. It drove me nuts and right to vintage razors and not looking back. No patience for aligning and keeping track of what side does what. You are not alone.

4. While using the fingers of one hand to hold the top cap down by pressing on the posts, gently screw the handle on using the other hand.

In my observations, most of the alignment problems occurred while tightening the handle. Step #4 above seems to avoid that problem. So I guess I don't need to avoid such razors any longer. Thanks, B&B! :badger:

You said this perfecto! Was having issues trying to get my 34c to line up quick and easily and this did the trick. My progress blade alignment was much worse though compared to the 34c. I use this method but slightly take pressure off the head and line up the triangle and "I" mark, then I fully apply pressure and tighten the handle it works awsome. The whole alignment issue was starting to get annoying but it seems that there's a right way and difficult way to load the blades in two piece merkur

I guess I wasn't aware that anything was wrong. I just fiddle with them until I'm happy and shave on, always have, always will.

same razor same problem different solution (that I thought I learned somewhere in here) with the blade in place and the cap in position I hold the blade by the wings on the side... essentially suspending the cap on the blade... while I screw it down... works perfectly every time.

Top Bottom