What's new

dbay buy - SuperSpeed with 1953 World Series Record Book

Gillette Super Speed with 1953 WS Record Book

I spend too much, perhaps - but 1953 was my birth year; this looks like a nice set (instructions, blades, etc) -

and the Yankees won the 1953 series!

I imagine this was produced in 1954 - do any of you kind B&B gents know?

thanks,

Awesome!

BTW, really, how much do you think you "overpaid." $5 - $10 at most?

I don't think about the fountain pens I paid a bit too much for, I think about the ones I lost because I didn't pay that $5 or $10 bucks extra.

Enjoy it! It looks great.

Hard to say, they could have put it out late in '53. Check the date code on the bottom of the razor head, on the left will be one letter (Y=1953, Z=11954). On the right side, there will be a single digit (1-4) indicating which quarter of the year the razor was made. They also could have had stock produced in 1953 that didn't sell or was held back, and released early in 1954 with the book. I'd say your chances of it being 1953 are fair (anyone know, was this case used for both 54 and '53 models?).

BTW, that's a complete set. Instructions, I see a blade dispenser too, and I'll bet the razor is pristine, maybe unused (didn't read the ad, maybe they said this?) With the book and the band that ties it all together, I don't think you overpaid a penny!

Outstanding! I really like the special edition sets like this one. And your birth year!

I also learn something new every day. I thought the dark blue case was only used with the Black Tip Super but knowing Gillette's habit of re-using parts and the year being common to the Black Tip, it would make sense it was also used on other models.

Well done!

Awesome!

BTW, really, how much do you think you "overpaid." $5 - $10 at most?

I don't think about the fountain pens I paid a bit too much for, I think about the ones I lost because I didn't pay that $5 or $10 bucks extra.

Enjoy it! It looks great.

you are absolutely right - there is no 'overpaid' for this... I wanted it!

I'm hoping the razor is a Y- but won't be broken-hearted if it's not.

This is one buy I'm really eager to see...!

That is a very cool set up, especially as a birth year razor! As it's a birth year razor, you're entitled to spend more than you might otherwise on a similar set up without it being too much. I know, I'm an enabler. Nice job!

Outstanding! I really like the special edition sets like this one. And your birth year!

I also learn something new every day. I thought the dark blue case was only used with the Black Tip Super but knowing Gillette's habit of re-using parts and the year being common to the Black Tip, it would make sense it was also used on other models.

Well done!

thanks - I just happened on this about an hour before it closed.

The more I ponder this one, the happier I am with it!

Yeah, my Y-3 superspeed is in the dark blue case....

wow - thanks. I wonder if that's for the next season...?

Here's a pic of my set:

proxy.php

pretty much unused, I think... the blades are unopened, the cardboard thing is still behind 'em... instructions are bright, wrap/band intact... the book has been handled, though, and is a little tattered. I don't think the razor has been used.

I'm very happy with this!

Nice score. I paid $30 for my '53 & case without the blades & book thru B&B so I think you did good considering it was ebay.

Top Bottom