BRUSH REVIEW: Fine Accoutrements

BRUSH NAME: Fine Classic Shaving Brush

COST: $20.00 (about)

SPECS:
Hair- Synthetic
Knot- 20mm
Loft- 56mm
Handle Height- 52mm

ABOUT: Fine Accoutrements was founded by a fella named Todd Cerami, a.k.a. "Mr. Fine". After discovering the benefits of traditional wet shaving, less expensive & more effective (like me), it was the transformation of shaving going from a chore to a pleasure that got him hooked (like me). He went on to begin his new journey by creating an aftershave with four simple ingredients. At least that's what his website says. I have two of his soaps and aftershaves, and have got to say, his are two of my top three favorites. At some point, he expanded to other shaving stuff, and receives great reviews on all of his products, including his synthetic brushes. Best of all, his products are good quality, at reasonable prices.

THE GOOD, THE BAD, & THE UGLY:

GOOD-
Top of the good list has got to be the price-point vs quality. This brush provides a really good lather, is extremely soft, and is well made. Another benefit is that as a synthetic brush, it doesn't hold odors, drys fast, and doesn't need the special attention required of the natural bristled brushes like badger, boar, or horse hair. All though I've never had the opportunity to pack away a wet, natural haired brush, it would appear this can cause a whole slew of issues if you're traveling & need to catch the next flight. Maybe it produces an odor similar to that of a family of ferrets living in your closet! Lastly, there is never a need to pre-soak this rascal, since again, it synthetic. Most importantly, this baby whips up a lather faster than a blender having a fling with a box of Dream Whip.
BAD-
The only bad I can think of is that because it's synthetic, it doesn't hold the heat of the water as long as my badger brush will. This for me, is a small sacrifice for all of the benefits I get in return.
UGLY-
The only thing ugly about this brush may be the red & white colors of the handle. For me, it looks somewhat like a cheap toy brush, even though it's supposed to be modeled after something called the EverReady C40. I assume that was an old timey brush, and not a battery. I remedied this by running out and purchasing the black & clear handled model a few months after falling madly in like with the first one, even though they're the same damn brush. I've noticed they are now available in 4 color options. The orange & black looks like a pretty sweet ride, but I'll just have to refrain so as to not show any indications of wet shave gluttony.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Review. I have the 24mm version and quite like it. Has a bit of backbone which is often missing in synthetics. Its probably the best in this price range.

Thanks for the Review. I have the 24mm version and quite like it. Has a bit of backbone which is often missing in synthetics. Its probably the best in this price range.
I agree with you regarding the price. I would be interested to hear from someone who has both the 22 & 24, as to their thoughts.

Top Bottom