What's new

Damn Comfortable Shave

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
@Chan Eil Whiskers have you ever tried one of these on your soul patch area?
It's the Merkur moustache trimmer, I suspect it might work for you:

View attachment 1301437

No, I've not tried it. It might work, but I'm interested in using only one razor per shave.

I'm getting better with the Wolfman 1.15.

7-24-21.Wolfman.1.15.NewYorkTi.Vitos.OumaMixed.640.JPG

Better, including in the soul patch area.

Today's shave was a good many hours ago. I've been traveling most of the day, having driven about seven or eight hours round trip to see my grandson, have lunch with him, and give him some shaving gear. My morning shave has held up well.

12-20.CoconutBayRum.HyaluronicAcid.Brickell.640.JPG

Happy shaves,

Jim

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The page could not be found. Now I’ll never know how it turned out and wonder if you really have waist-length hair and are laughing at we who apply scissors or clippers to our upper noggin.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Sunday's shave was pretty good.

7-25-21.Wolfman.1.15.NY.Misutura.Vitos.640.JPG

Wizamet SI, flipped
PAA Cube 2.0
Vitos Red Cocco​
Wolfman.WR2.1.15.NewYork.TitaniumHandle.640.7-25-21.JPG

The Tibam titanium New York handle pairs nicely with the Wolfman WR2 1.15.

12-20.PineappleBayRum.HyaluronicAcid.Brickell.640JPG.JPG

It's not that I dislike it but this pineapple bay rum is probably the least of my favorites in my bay rum collection.

Yesterday my bathroom light fixture pull chain off and on mechanism broke so I have an unlighted shave den today. I'll get it fixed in a day or two or three (depending on what exactly it needs to fix it). I'm glad it's not December as I'd have to use another bathroom for shaving were it any less bright.

Pretty good shave anyway. I like this razor. Like the entire kit actually.

Happy shaves to you,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Monday my shave was pretty good especially considering the current inadequate lighting (no lights) in my shave den (will be fixed pretty soon).

7-26-21.WolfmanWR2.1..15.NewYork.70:30.Vitos.640JPG.JPG

I'm continuing along with the Wolfman WR2 1.15.
  • Loaded with a flipped Wizamet SI blade.
  • Using the PAA Cube 2.0 in the shower to wash my face and as a preshave.
  • Today's brush, the Maggard 70/30 on an old Thater handle.

12-20.ClasicoBayRum.HyaluronicAcid.Brickell.640JPG.JPG

Really nice products.

I like this bay rum a lot.​

It's pretty clear to me shaving with enough light is better. It's also clear to me I got quite adequate shaves with inadequate light (not that I was shaving in the dark).

Happy shaves,

Jim

All this talk of mohawks reminds me of this:

I was at the mall the other day eating at the food court. I noticed an old man watching a teenager sitting next to him. The teenager had spiked hair in all different colours: green, red, orange, and blue. The old man kept staring at him.

The teenager would look and find the old man staring every time. When the teenager had enough, he sarcastically asked, “What’s the matter old man, never done anything wild in your life?

The old man did not bat an eye in his response… “Got drunk once and had sex with a peacock. I was just wondering if you were my son.”

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Tuesday's shave was good.

7-27-21,SemogueLE.3Band.WR2.1.15.NewTi.Vitos.640JPG.JPG

Flipped Wizamet SI
Cube 2.0 shower and preshave
Wolfman WR2 1.15
Tibam titanium New York handle
Semogue LE Three Band Silvertip​

This Limited Edition brush was not inexpensive but I think it was a great value. I like it very much. If it were a larger knot I'd like it even more.

I'm enjoying this titanium handle (the New York Tibam) on the Wolfman. In my opinion it pairs nicely with the head.

HyaluronicAcid.Brickell.DiverDown.640.6-26-21.JPG

This morning I had lights in my shave den. The fixture's switch was replaced yesterday. Nice to have plenty of light.

I'm a bit under the weather (as are many people here) with some bug going around. I went to work, but decided to leave (not a good idea to work when I'm not fully paying attention to my job).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom