What's new

Damn Comfortable Shave

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thursday's shave was nice.

7-22-21.W40olfman.1.15.Wizamet.Vitos.RV-D01.6.JPG

New blade. Steep Angle. Lots of work. Comfortable and close shave. Still learning.

HyaluronicAcid.Brickell.CoconutBay.480.12-20.JPG

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I was thinking of maybe (probably) using the FOCS tomorrow (on Fatip Friday), but I think I'll stick with the Wolfman for now. It's growing on me.

That is not saying anything about the FOCS relative to the 1.15. It's just a statement about the WR2, and about wanting to continue on its learning curve for a while.

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I was thinking of maybe (probably) using the FOCS tomorrow (on Fatip Friday), but I think I'll stick with the Wolfman for now. It's growing on me.

That is not saying anything about the FOCS relative to the 1.15. It's just a statement about the WR2, and about wanting to continue on its learning curve for a while.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Bowing out of Fatip Friday!? :eek:

Well I never..... ;) :letterk1:

Here are my findings on The Ordinary HA + B5

I've also made an interesting discovery recently, and darned if I could find any rhyme or reason to it. I have a Merkur Futur that I've used maybe twice since I bought the thing. Any how, on a whim I set it on 3 (mid aggression) and used it on my jawline and neck with absolutely brilliant results. Smoothest I've gotten those trouble spots yet.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
also made an interesting discovery recently, and darned if I could find any rhyme or reason to it. I have a Merkur Futur that I've used maybe twice since I bought the thing. Any how, on a whim I set it on 3 (mid aggression) and used it on my jawline and neck with absolutely brilliant results. Smoothest I've gotten those trouble spots yet.

I'm beginning to ponder whether I could make things a whole lot easier on myself if I identified and used a "problem area" razor for final touch-ups? :confused1

Or just used the Vector every day. ;)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Here are my findings on The Ordinary HA + B5

I've also made an interesting discovery recently, and darned if I could find any rhyme or reason to it. I have a Merkur Futur that I've used maybe twice since I bought the thing. Any how, on a whim I set it on 3 (mid aggression) and used it on my jawline and neck with absolutely brilliant results. Smoothest I've gotten those trouble spots yet.

You're saying it's more effective on a lower setting in terms of the smoothness of your trouble spots?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Friday my shave was good.

7-23-21.Wolfman.1.15.NY.Shavemac.Vitos.640JPG.JPG

Once again the Wolfman 1.15 was employed, but it was put on my new from the BST titanium New York handle. I liked the WR2 very much on this handle, perhaps more so than on the excellent hollow Wolfman handle.

5-10-20.RR'sCarribeanHoliday.HyaluronicAcid.480.JPG

Used vanilla extract, er, this nice splash after HA.

Also used Brickell Face Moisturizer as usual.

My blade was a flipped Wizamet SI.

During the shower and as a preshave I used the Cube 2.0.​

Got a good shave today I think.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I like this Wolfman razor very much!

Wolfman WR2 1.15.
  1. Very smooth and easy to use.
  2. Other than ATG no blade feel at all.
  3. Surprisingly efficient and effective.
  4. Allows me to do enough work to get the job done without causing damage.
  5. No blood at all since I began using it about a week ago.
  6. Not the most efficient of my razors, but not inefficient at all.
  7. No downsides at all.
Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

As I believe you have also found, some razors require more touch-up work than others. ;)

Comparisons and experiments (SCIENCE) aside, one thing my Big Dogs have in common is a minimal amount of clean-up required to get me to my "sweet spot" (DFS+) result. :cool:

The Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB is certainly in that group. :thumbup:

Further, in my opinion, a nimble and maneuverable razor like the Vector has certain advantages. :)

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
As I believe you have also found, some razors require more touch-up work than others. ;)

Comparisons and experiments (SCIENCE) aside, one thing my Big Dogs have in common is a minimal amount of clean-up required to get me to my "sweet spot" (DFS+) result. :cool:

The Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB is certainly in that group. :thumbup:

Further, in my opinion, a nimble and maneuverable razor like the Vector has certain advantages. :)

Perhaps when I have climbed the waiting list I'll acquire a 1.25 or 1.35 WR2.

I've long been a fan of SE razor (injectors and ACC) but haven't used 'em in a long time.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Pre-shave: SuperZero bar shampoo and body soap
Soap: RR XXX
Brush: RR Plissoft synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Astra SP (1)
AS: Lucky Tiger and RR XXX

3 pass shave and no touch-up. 9.5 on both the comfort and closeness scale. Zero irritation. Meets everything I need in a system. Struggled for 3 shaves with the 1959 Gillette Tech and took the prior day to use my Norelco with Trader Joe's cream for a comfortable reset. Still feels great 7 hours later.

Top Bottom