What's new

Damn Comfortable Shave

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Wednesday's shave was nice.

7-1-20.Mistura.New&Washed.FOCS.Vitos.640.JPG

The new brush is a keeper. Here's a little write up on it.

While hand lathering the brush to clean it (not that it needed cleaning) prior to using it for the first time I did notice some marzipan scent (was cleaning it with today's soap), but I did not notice the scent during my shave. No idea exactly what that means.

Polsilver Hotel.Movie? 480.jpg

My blade, which has a hotel named after it, is still new, but not as new as it was yesterday.

Beach (PAA) and Hyaluronic Acid.480.JPG

I'm so glad Frank introduced me to hyaluronic acid.

Also thankful to have stumbled upon the Beach. It's a nice scent for me. Maybe one day I'll get the cologne.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
IT'S A CULT JIM.

And a poorly photoshopped photo I thought.

I'm here to help if you need to get out before it's too late.

If the photo is photoshopped I'd guess all that was done was to add Polsilver above Hotel.

Still, I don't get it.

No worries. Jokes that have to be explained...

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thursday's shave was good.

7-2-20.FOiCS.70:30.VistosRed.640JPG.JPG

It was a better and more pleasant shave than the last few of my shaves. Why? I think the variable change was me making a conscious effort to use the razor more carefully, and a bit more slowly, and a bit lighter (less pressure?).

I'm not saying any of this was a big deal, but today's shave was the best in a few days (at least). Very pleasing!

PolSilver.SI.Cropped..jpg

I'm not counting my uses of this blade, but it is "broken in" now.

3-12-20.BayRum & Hyaluronic Acid.480.JPG

Yummy scent. Yummy benefits to my skin.

Happy shaves,

Jim

If the photo is photoshopped I'd guess all that was done was to add Polsilver above Hotel.

Still, I don't get it.

No worries. Jokes that have to be explained...

Happy shaves,

Jim
I presumed cult leader Rev.Jim Jones was a recognizable figure. I erred. My comedy skills need more seasoning, I'll thus return to more focused comments.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I saved the one you posted, then opened Google and did a photo search for that picture. Google said it was, indeed, Jim Jones, so I did a photo search for him and viola.

You can do a photo search for any image a few different ways. In Google, open your browser and hit any key, then click Photos. Drag the picture into the search bar and push enter. If that picture is indexed in Google it will show up.

If its not indexed in Google, that doesnt mean it isnt on the net. If I cant find one in Google, I can usually find it here.

TinEye Reverse Search Engine - https://tineye.com/

Again, just drag and drop and you get this.

Screenshot_2020-07-02 329 TinEye search results.png

I don't know how you found that photo, but it's very cool that you succeeded. In my "research" and searching around I discovered a relationship between the man (Jones) and the hotel (International).

Happy shaves, Mike,

Jim

Do you recall the controversy surrounding the hotel? The image of Sherrif Richard Hongisto with an ax as the elderly residents were evicted is seared in memory.

proxy.php

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I presumed cult leader Rev.Jim Jones was a recognizable figure. I erred. My comedy skills need more seasoning, I'll thus return to more focused comments.

He is if you know anything about Jonestown.
I was a kid when it happened, and I recognized Jim Jones right off the bat.

Top Bottom