What's new

Daily routine (Workout+Fitness)?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
What are your daily routines? How's a typical day?

Mine is (without the boring details), this is a typical work-day:
  • Waking up at 6 am - bedtime around 10 pm.
  • I walk around and do a minimum of 7,500 steps/day but often go over 10,000 steps.
  • Currently in a weight loss (calorie counting) mode, so I eat around 1500 calories. I'm not super strict but it works well since January 2022. Weight is going down at a steady pace.
  • Workout after work at 4 pm for 30-45 mins. I jump on the trampoline (I have a bigger model that I can use while watching tv, it adds to the special effects). I usually do this one everyday at 4 pm (even Saturday/Sunday)
When I reach my goal, I will probably start lifting weights (I have a free set that was left in the house by the previous owner when I bought it 4 years ago). I will up the calories when I get there. I will possibly read this thread more closely when I get to that point.

A morning workout could be beneficial but I don't want to wake up anyone (if I can). It works well after work.

How do you do it?

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I have some weights I lift around the house daily and access to a workout facility at my apartment complex. I also go for daily walks. I tore my MTP joint in my right foot a few years ago. It was a slow healing process. Turf toe is no joke.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I do one or two 30 minute workouts every day and at least 90,000 steps per week. I use various YT channels for the workouts and my wife and I sometimes do them together which is really fun and great for our relationship. As I am a home worker I often do the workouts in my home office during online business Teams meetings - no camera 😁 Our current favourite is Senior Fitness With Meredith, not too frenetic with the emphasis on all around fitness, movement, and stretching. All the exercises can be adapted if required to suit your ability. We sometimes use light weights but are not interested in building muscle mass, we just want to have fun, keep our weight under control and stop from seizing up as we get older. We also take walks in the local park for an hour a few times per week and keep active with housework, gardening, and yardwork. We both found as we passed 50 that we had to reduce our calorie intake to maintain the same weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Luc
My wife and I don't have a daily fitness plan. We do, however, have a three days a week plan. We have a Bowflex Blaze that is very well built and a set of Bowflex adjustable dumbbells. We do three sets each of the following: bench press, Flys, pull downs, arm curlers, leg press, leg lifts, and leg curls. We could have done all that with just the Blaze, but we purchased the dumbbells well before the Blaze. While I was hesitant to spend the funds on Bowflex as they do get a premium, but I am very satisfied with the products.

Monday is International Chest Day, max out on bench press, incline press and some tricep work. Wednesday is shoulder and leg day. Friday is rep day, start with bench press and rep out with lighter weight and otherwise repeat Monday.
Drink AT LEAST a gallon of water per day, every day. Try to fit in a Tuesday or Thursday and Saturday or Sunday sauna/steam room for 30-40 minutes.

Reactions: Luc

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The wife and I have a home gym that consists of a treadmill, incline/decline Olympic weight bench with detachable leg press/ attachment 7ft barbell, curl/tricep bar with 300 pounds of olympic plates.

We also have a dumbell rack with dumbbells ranging from 3# to 35# dumbells all in 10# increments and Kettle Bells ranging from 5# to 30# in 10# increments. We have a door jamb pull up bar, exercise balls, jump rope and exercise bands.

Along with the home gym, we have a membership at our local YMCA. If other things to do in life doesn’t get in the way, we try to workout Monday thru Friday with weekends used as rest days.

We alternate days at home and the YMCA. So a typical week schedule Is Monday upper body dead weight workout at home and running on treadmill. Tuesday lower body workout cable weight machines, and swimming in the pool at the YMCA. Wednesday, upper body cable machines and pool YMCA. Thursday lower body dead weights at home. Friday treadmill at home.

We try to stick to this schedule as much as we can, but if something more important comes up on a certain day and we have to skip, it’s easy to just jump back in the routine and pretend like we didn’t skip a beat.

We have found that now we are older, weight Training builds muscle which eats body fat for fuel. It also strengthens bones and joints and raises the metabolism.

Everything a growing old man needs. :)

Olympic weightlifting five days a week. I have a platform in my garage so I can drop the bar in the morning without waking the house.

The only downside is the garage is unlined, so on frosty mornings it does get pretty cold.

I lift early, 4am, so I can get it done before work. Great way to start the day! :)

I changed my whole lifestyle about a year ago after getting diagnosed with some medical problems at 47 years old. Dropped 60 pounds through diet and exercise since then and reversed T2 Diabetes. I am a member at Planet Fitness gym. Mine is open 24 hours, but I normally wake up around 0400 and spend an hour there everyday. I like to get in and out before it gets too crowded. I always start with some form of cardio for close to 30 mins and then do different weight machines for about 20 minutes. I'm taking today off, though, because I got called out for work in the middle of the night and overslept my 4am routine.

Rest days are needed, too. ;)

Top Bottom