What's new

D.I.Y corner show me your creations

Okay...showin' off my den.......

$DSCN6898.jpg

My first try .. spring steel coat hanger i got from dry cleaning (a bit tough to work coz its spring steel) .. the brush snaps in place (that good with the spring steel) and the razor drops from top .. soo thats it :) still trying to get better gear (brush, razor etc) then will do something more fancy for keeping em.
$2013-01-31 13.07.07.jpg$2013-01-31 13.08.03.jpg

This is going to be my starter shave den, I gleaned a little from some other posts I've seen and added a few things that I liked. I am by no means a finish carpenter, so while I drew up the concept, my father in law is the man behind the tools. I think it looks good, all it needs is to be stained and I think it's ready to go. Anyone have any constructive criticism? Once it's stained, I can't make anymore alterations.... Couldn't get the picture turned right for some reason, sorry for the craned necks lol

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,388
Last edited:
some black walnut handles. and then post bloom.

Attachments

• $258.jpg
    $258.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,310
  • $259.jpg
    $259.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,304
Hey Dan....I think there a few of us around. Nice to meet you!

Nice to meet you too sir. I've noticed 8-10 arkies so far, but I'm not to observant around here, so there are probably quite a few more. I'm personally a transplant from Chicago, but I have lived here long enough that I could be considered an Arkansan.

Top Bottom