What's new

Czech and Speake Oxford & Cambridge

The other day a small package with expensive content arrived. Apart from a travel set of distinguished colognes it also contained 3 x 25g of Oxford & Cambridge shaving soap. The fragrance was clearly detectable but not overpowering. I did not have an appropriate container to put it in so I used it as you would a shave stick and I was rewarded with some quite fantastic lather that I built with a boar brush. My golden standard for comparisons is Tabac and whilst this lather was not as thick as Tabac it was still very creamy and provided for a slick shave with the same protective feel as Tabac. The post shave skin feel was fantastic and perhaps even one notch better than Tabac. The scent is absolutely heavenly. If the price does not put you off, this product is highly recommended.

A new puck arrived from England about a month ago. It was VERY strong as to scent. I put it into a screw top metal tin. I used it the next day and was a little put off by the very strong scent.

I left it in the drawer unused for about a month (in the screw-top tin.)

I used it Saturday. The scent is mostly gone. It's now quite close to unscented. And wasn't particularly wow-ed by its performance. I think AoS old formula was better. Certainly more pleasing as to scent.

I'll use the O&C again this week and gather another impression.

MaxP

When my year of Harris is over, I will be sorely tempted to use a puck of O&C or 88 first thing in 2014.

This soap (and the matching cologne) is a big temptation. I received a sample of the scent and fell in love with it. The cologne is a bit out of my budget right now and I want both. Maybe in the spring if I go through some things.

Agreed, this is a great scent and a superbly performing soap. O&C is a world class scent. I too wish it was a bit more in my budget for the aftershave.

Regards, Todd

I recently got hold of a bottle of the cologne. Mankind.co.uk had inexplicably reduced the price to £39 from £75. I think it may have been a mis-price as it went straight back up again. It's a gorgeous scent.
Would love to get some of the soap to pair with it but I really don't NEED it. It might be one for my Christmas list...

I recently got hold of a bottle of the cologne. Mankind.co.uk had inexplicably reduced the price to £39 from £75. I think it may have been a mis-price as it went straight back up again. It's a gorgeous scent.
Would love to get some of the soap to pair with it but I really don't NEED it. It might be one for my Christmas list...

Lucky Find!

Nice tallow soap

Travel puck fits neatly into plastic Petri dish

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 95
I had a travel puck and I love the scent of the cologne, but the scent of the puck was just overpowering. It took weeks for the scent to dissipate from my brushes. I sold the puck but the Pyrex container I had it in still smelled like O&C five months later.

Seriously the strongest scent of any shaving soap I have ever used.

bought some from a member here and tried it last evening. need to work on the lather a bit, but great scent and great glide. easy to see why its highly regarded.

Top Bottom